Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Off Road Lights

Old 08-31-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ward adams
Well my safty is worth more than that! We have come close to dying a few times by not having good lights and having a 2 ton moose jump out at you on dark icey roads.
Dude no hard feelings I'm just sayin, what I will say is you're a lucky man to have a job (from what it seems) to support your habbits (pleasure or necesity) my profession does not allow me to afford such luxuries.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Well we have busted our asses for 10+ years and are just getting a little$. What do you do?
My wife is a Chartered Accountant
Old 08-31-2008, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Well we have busted our asses for 10+ years and are just getting a little$. What do you do?
My wife is a Chartered Accountant
Firefighter, garbage men make more around here then I do.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, a tough job with little $. We are lucky but have really worked hard for the little we have.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes, a tough job with little $. We are lucky but have really worked hard for the little we have.
Well me and my better half are just startin out (new house, new marrage) so we're saving just takes a while especially with the economy the way it is down here!
Old 09-01-2008, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree on the PIAA 520's. They are great lights, and very well built, for a cost of around $220 a set.
I've had a set of IPF's on my XJ and they've lasted going on 8 years with no signs of rust. Was going to go with IPF's on the JK however they are now priced a bit to high, so I tried the PIAA 520's in the yellow ion fogs. They're mounted on the bumper and set up correctly for fogs. The wife leaves at 0530 every morning for work and has to travel the back roads of Lancaster county to get to work. Sometimes it's very foggy, and she loves PIAA's. She says they cut right through the low dense fog we somethimes have. I've driven her JK through fog and am impressed with the 520's.
I have them hooked into the factory fogs with the switch that came with the set so when the factory's are on, we can turn the PIAA's on, or have them off.
Can't speak much on the subjest of the PIAA driving lights, as I've never had a set, however if they're anything like the fogs, I'm sure they'd be great.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

thanks mr sig. those KC's look really good. i think that's the way i'm leaning for my lights. they are a bit more pricey than the Hella's but as many people here have said, lights are kind of worth the extra. when i make my first million, i'll chip in for the 1000 dollar set, but for now, the better of the cheapies will just have to do.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had two sets of KC Slimlites on my TJ before I traded it in on the JK, I kick myself in the @ss every day that I didn't take them off before trading it in.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

How much brighter are the HID lights?
Old 09-03-2008, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

all right, Hit one moose because you where a cheap ass and bought cheap lights. Think of that, my life and the saftey of my wife is worth more than $1000. Have you ever driven on a norther Canadian road in the winter with all of the animals on the highway?
I have! These people don't understand what its like to have an animal the size of a horse jump out of the bushes right in front of your vehicle while your going down the highway and having it total your vehicle and having a full grown moose come through your windscreen and get wrapped around your face and proceed to kick you death. Any money spent on lights in the north , is money well spent! 578 road kill moose in our area last winter !

Last edited by camden19; 09-03-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Off Road Lights