Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

oem sub to aftermarket amp wiring question...

Old 10-02-2009, 07:47 AM
b_c
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oem sub to aftermarket amp wiring question...

...ummm.

long story short (or if you want long story, go to my build thread), i need to figure out how to wire the stock sub into an aftermarket amp.

i'm using the aoem-chr3 by pac to wire up a 4-channel (or 5-channel?) amp for the complete system....but haven't been able to figure out how the original oem sub was hooked up.

it definitely looks to have some sort of proprietary plug on it, i'm guessing i can bypass that if needed, but i would like to keep this as clean as possible. if i had that lead and wire, where would that lead to? all the way to the front or does it plug in somewhere on the back overheads?

if i don't want to or can't use oem wiring, does anyone have any experience wiring a sub woofer through the pac aoem-chr3?

...it's been a while since i've fooled around w/ stereo equipment. i'm a little rusty, so any pertinent help would be appreciated.

b_c
Old 10-03-2009, 03:07 PM
b_c
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b_c
...ummm.

long story short (or if you want long story, go to my build thread), i need to figure out how to wire the stock sub into an aftermarket amp.

i'm using the aoem-chr3 by pac to wire up a 4-channel (or 5-channel?) amp for the complete system....but haven't been able to figure out how the original oem sub was hooked up.

it definitely looks to have some sort of proprietary plug on it, i'm guessing i can bypass that if needed, but i would like to keep this as clean as possible. if i had that lead and wire, where would that lead to? all the way to the front or does it plug in somewhere on the back overheads?

if i don't want to or can't use oem wiring, does anyone have any experience wiring a sub woofer through the pac aoem-chr3?

...it's been a while since i've fooled around w/ stereo equipment. i'm a little rusty, so any pertinent help would be appreciated.

b_c

question answered here >>>> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/jk-forum-user-created-definitive-guide-amps-subs-audio-90237/

Quick Reply: oem sub to aftermarket amp wiring question...