Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Oem fog lights

Old 02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
I think that what riptide was trying to say is: if you had a problemb, it would probably be to late. You do have a long list of acomplishments. But I do not see where any of these vehicles would have a computer like the JK's
Correct. I wasn't even taking the computer into account. What I simply meant to say was that other than the lights going out (ie not working), would you notice if you had an electrical issue before it burnt the jeep down? As I indicated, I'm not saying anything about what skills you have (you have a shit load more than I do).

But when you said you drove it around and noticed no issues, does that simply mean that the lights stayed on? Or that none of the wires ran hot, etc? One persons "yeah it's fine" can be a lot different then another person's "yeah it's fine"...

I'm not judging you. I can't... I'm one of those people who wouldn't know a mountain from a mole hole... But I thought my question was a valid one - at least how I had thought it out in my mind as to what I was referring to.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:12 PM
JK Newbie

I see. Well I wasn't literally crossing my fingers when turning everything on! As referenced before I had diodes in both sides of the lights. oem harness side and my wiring side. So there is no way possible to backfeed computer or my switches. If there is one thing I have learned about electrical, is that it doesnt take long to find out you did it wrong. You will find out almost immeditely. Sorry to seem a little rude. I deal with bikers all day and have to get an attitude back sometimes!

Last edited by ncatlin; 02-17-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ncatlin
I see. Well I wasn't literally crossing my fingers when turning everything on! As referenced before I had diodes in both sides of the lights. oem harness side and my wiring side. So there is no way possible to backfeed computer or my switches. Sorry to seem a little rude. I deal with bikers all day and have to get an attitude back sometimes!
No worries...

Quick Reply: Oem fog lights