Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Odd issues with interior lights

Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd issues with interior lights

I'm having an odd issue with my interior lights. When I signal right my interior light go to the brightest setting for a second or so also when I apply a bit of pressure to to end of the signal lever it will trip it up as well. Everything is fine when I signal left. This happens when my lights are on including the headlights and fogs. I usually have my lights on auto but this will happens even if I just turn them on manually. Any thoughts in what my be going on? I'm thinking the signal lever is just messed up creating a short or something. It's going to the dealer wednesday to get looked at and a new driveshaft to. I just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue.
In no way have I altered the factory wiring.
It's a 2011 rubi .
Thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the lever is shorting out. Might be a stray piece of metal, wire, or just bad contacts grounding it out. I work on F/A-18 hornets for the Navy and we have stuff like this happen all the time with switches on a $90,000,000 aircraft so our $30,000 jeeps are definitely vulnerable these nuances.

Quick Reply: Odd issues with interior lights