Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Not starting

Old 08-01-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not starting

The other day my 08 would not start. I jumped it and it started right up. I noticed there was a lot of build up around the post of the battery. I was in the middle of moving and did not have the time to go buy a post cleaner. I drove across town, shut the jeep off and started it back up with no problem. I turned it off to unload and it would not start back up without a jump. I eventually got the post clean but had the same issues. I figured it was the battery. I woke up this morning and was going to jump start it and would not jump start. When I try to start it all the dash lights come on it clicks under the hood, then nothing. The clock also resets to 12:00. Any help would be great but my tools and experience is limited.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the help. (sarcasm). The batter was shot to hell.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

I had the same problem...lots of corrosion around the battery posts. I cleaned it and tried to jump start but no go. Had it towed...Pep Boys said it was the corrosion. Battery was fine but I got a better one anyway. I put some oil on the terminals to prevent further corrosion. I think the humidity here is accelerating the oxidation on the posts..

Quick Reply: Not starting