Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

No power

Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power

I put on some rigid dually and now my jeep has no power what so ever!!! The battery is fine but I'm not getting anything when I put the key in the ignition. Please help
Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you check fuses?
Old 04-19-2013, 04:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKOPSUNLTD
I put on some rigid dually and now my jeep has no power what so ever!!! The battery is fine but I'm not getting anything when I put the key in the ignition. Please help
Rule #1 - Always disconnect the battery before doing electrical work.

As mentioned already, check all your fuses. If they are all good, disconnect your new wires from their power source and try jump-starting.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKOPSUNLTD
"No power what so ever"?
Step on the brake pedal. If the center high mounted brake light comes on, you have some power.
If it doesn't come on, there is a problem with the battery, or its connections.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I checked all fuses....they were good. I pulled my fuse box out and all the lights, electrical started working. When I went to clip my fuse box back everything shut back down. I ended up having to locate my fuse box to where everything was working and drove it to the dealership. There is a short somewhere. Thanks for all the info, I will update later
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same issue a while back. Was out of town for hockey one weekend and got back to the hotel about 6. Went out about 9 to leave and had absolutely nothing. Had the battery checked and it was fine. Pulled all the fuses and couldn't find anything wrong. All of a sudden everything came back on and it was good to go. No more issues and hasn't happened since (knock on wood).
Old 04-20-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah it's in the shop, still haven't truly found the issue, but I'm sure it's a short somewhere

Quick Reply: No power