Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

No brake lights, but I've got everything else????

Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I had pretty much the similar problem amd mine turned out to be a loose ground. Specifically the one under the drivers seat
Old 08-09-2013, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my issue seems to be in the wiring itself. I did a little test in which I shaved the coating off the wire at the brake switch that gets power when you press on the brake. I then shave off the coating of the wire at the tail light that tells the bulb to illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed.

I took an extra wire I had in the garage, stripped both ends, had the girlfriend hold the new wire and the wire at the tail light together while I did the same at the brake switch. POOF I have brake lights!!!! My guess, along with the help of my dad, is that I have a corroded wire somewhere between the switch and the tail lights.

Quick Reply: No brake lights, but I've got everything else????