Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New stealth sub location

Old 08-02-2012, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curtis Westminster speed and sound did my entire system and it rocks Jk audio thru out ...but getting ready to upgrade the sub part but mark and his crew are awesome
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

What are you going to do with the factory sub/box in the back?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Its been a while....

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here in a while...

I sold the jeep about a year ago and didn't write down the dimensions. I never had the factory sub because I knew I was going to tear out whatever was in there. If I had it to do over again it could have been a little shallower and a little taller.

Overall that location works great! Its like a megaphone! Plus you can still really hear/feel the bass with the top off!

I know boxes sound great in a parking lot no matter where you put them, but in the back, with the top down, you lose a lot!

Its basically a big 6x9 box. It was made from scratch, but in terms of the shape its like the 6x9 boxes that you see in the stereo shops, but bigger!

Hope that helps!

Sean

Quick Reply: New stealth sub location