Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Radio

Old 01-15-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Radio

So I got a new head unit for my unlimited over the holidays and was wondering how difficult an install is. I bought the kit for it as well as a tuffy security cover for when i'm doorless. If anyone has this set up tips would be appreciated for one or both parts. Or am I better of letting a shop worry about trying to snake the blue tooth microphone wires around under the dash? Link for the head unit ht tp://www.quadratec.com/products/96082_107X_N_PG.htm
Old 01-15-2011, 10:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the proper wiring harness at a radio shop or best buy. It will be all plug and play. it's easy as pie... I'll find the link I used to install mine. It's kinda fun!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:58 PM
JK Junkie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...lpine-IVA-W205
Old 01-15-2011, 11:02 PM
JK Junkie

This is the thread I used. It was spot on. Pm me or anyone else with any hang ups or questions. Were all happy to help.

The link did not work to your radio so I'm not sure what your running... If it's jut a radio than it will be even easier... I installed a 7 inch nav/dvd/head unit... So I had to cut the metal bracket out you might not have to with just a head unit install... Good luck and take pics!!!

Ps
With this thread.... an hour tops and you'll be Jammin!!! Blue tooth is just a plug and and a wire don't stress!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the link to that install thread should help I've put in a few Head Units in my Cherokee but none with the nav and blue tooth or a canbus system I will make sure to grab the camera and put together a full install brief hopefully the UPS office on base will be open moday when it is supposed to arrive and I should be all done by this time next week. thanks again
Old 01-16-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

No worries. Good luck with the install.

Heres my results using that tread!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-474320342.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	118239  
Old 01-16-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NH-JK

Looks good. I am waiting on a new head unit that I plan on attempting to install next weekend.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of unit is this? Looks really good and hows the GPS quality does it lag does it take you wrong places or is it spot on? I'm shopping around for my 08 and want a touch screen with GPS. And was it hard to do the little mods to make it fit or no mods at all?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TacomanBJK12

what kind of unit is this? Looks really good and hows the GPS quality does it lag does it take you wrong places or is it spot on? I'm shopping around for my 08 and want a touch screen with GPS. And was it hard to do the little mods to make it fit or no mods at all?
This is a eclipse avn276e I bought it off a forum member. Eclipse no longer makes electronics for the public... Only government...bummer and Theres no eclipse parts available either.... There are a few 7inch screens with nav/ blue tooth and dvd on sale...(clarion and kenwood) for around 400 in crutch field. I had to cut the top of the metal brace to make it fit... Very common issue. Sawsall took care of it. There are a few for sale in the electronics sale section... People say the spooned take a long time to sync up.

I you tubed all the nav units by there model numbers and you get awesome video demos to help you decide. What's your budget?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a eclipse avn276e I bought it off a forum member. Eclipse no longer makes electronics for the public... Only government...bummer and Theres no eclipse parts available either.... There are a few 7inch screens with nav/ blue tooth and dvd on sale...(clarion and kenwood) for around 400 in crutch field. I had to cut the top of the metal brace to make it fit... Very common issue. Sawsall took care of it. There are a few for sale in the electronics sale section... People say the spooned take a long time to sync up.

I you tubed all the nav units by there model numbers and you get awesome video demos to help you decide. What's your budget?
My budget is about 400 to 600 maybe at the very most 1000 what do you recommend from price ranges?

Quick Reply: New Radio