Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 01-31-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the new IPF headlights yesterday morning. I used them last night and was impressed. BUT, I did notice the headlights were aimed just a tad too high. So I gave each headlight 2 full counter-clockwise turns to lower them and now they seem just right. My JK headlights used to be so dim compared to my wife's car. But tonight after adjusting the aim and I drove both back to back to compare and now my JK headlights are brighter than my wife's car! These are well worth the price and I will recommend these to anyone who also has a JK!
Old 01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got these lights Friday.. tossed them in, adjusted the lights downward a little bit.. Overall, Id say HUGE improvement over stock. Well worth the $.
It hasnt rained yet so I cannot comment on light improvement when the road surface is wet.. but so far so good.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread has turned into a damned bunch of hooha. Personally, I have the Stern setup, like it and think it's light years (pun intended) ahead of the stock stuff. However, had David had this setup available before I got mine, I probably wouldda got that because I'm a cheap mug. Yall don't need to worry about whether David's lights are good, because he doesn't sell crap. Are they the best? No, he's already said they weren't. Are they better than stock? A frikkin kerosene lantern would be better than stock. Bottom line is, if you want the lights from David, buy um. He's not sellin junk and he ain't gonna rip you off. If you're not happy with um, I imagine he'll work with you somehow.....this is just my opinion dealing with David many times before. I'm not tryin to spout policy for him. If you want somethin else, buy that. We don't need some high brow electronic wizzard spoutin a bunch of know it all crap when he's not even tried the lights in question. So, if you haven't tried the lights, just shut the hell up, because you don't have any basis for forming an opinion.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

I installed mine over the weekend and can say they are a HUGE improvement over stock. Definitely brighter, cooler color temperature and the biggest improvement is the light dispersion is spread wider and much more evenly than the stock POS lights. Definitely worth the $$. Nice work David.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:53 AM
JK Newbie

early this morning I got my first opportunity to drive in full darkness with the new lights, my area has no street lighting and narrow roads with a great deal of vegetation in places so driving with the old stock lights meant that often I would put the fog lights on to be bale to see some of the near distance sides. It was so bad sometimes that green wheelie bins waiting to be collected on the sides would cause me to slow down in case it was a person.

With the new lights the difference is marked, on low beam I can see a good distance ahead (side included), the light is whiter, cleaner and seems to project better - more 'defined'. I did a standard install (no adjustments to position) and so far no oncoming traffic has flashed me.

On high beam - street lights and road detail is easily doubled vs. stock in very dark situations.

I am really happy and more confident that I can now see safely at night vs the old stock lights - my wife is also delighted as she no longer has to jog in front of the jeep with a orange flag and Mag light. I now let her ride in the back (if she behaves)
Old 02-01-2010, 04:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I think the poll needs to show who voted and how. I would bet some don't even have these lights.
There was some confusion, because of the vague wording of the question, about what new headlights were being discussed. Some thought the poll was for headlights in the 2010 JKs, assuming that there must have been a change (there certainly should be). So, I suggest not pointing fingers at anyway who may not have the lights but may have voted. The enthusiastic comments are enough to make clear that these lights are worth the expense.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by mdmmd
... The only problem now is the head lights and fog lights are a different color. What are we to do??? IPF???
David is working on an upgrade for them. But, I'm okay with the foglight pattern, but would like a similar color. How do the new bulbs compare to Silverstars? If I can just change the bulbs, I'd much rather do that and spend that remaining money on something else (from David, of course!).

BTW: For the record, my light kit, which was ordered on the first day, has not arrived yet. I figure the weather caused a problem and am hopeful they will catch up today. But, since changing these things out requires pulling my winch and bumper to get the grill off, I expect I won't be changing these out until the new harness is available.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Freak

Just got done installing mine. The headlight guards fit these lights also if anyone was wondering.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed mine this weekend. It was quick and well worth the $$. The light looks white and were it should be. If you do any driving at night this is the 1st and best mod to make.

Thanks for your work Dave!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you guys aligned your cutoffs to be one solid line, or have you kept the jagged cut off?

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4