Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 01-30-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLK-JK23
my ipf's are leaking condensation like a mother!!!!!!!

and i have swapped bulbs and what not a hundred times.. still leakin through only on one light
Leaking condensation from where? Is it building up inside the housing itself (Showing behind the glass) or on the exterior of the light somewhere?
Old 01-30-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK-JK23
my ipf's are leaking condensation like a mother!!!!!!!

and i have swapped bulbs and what not a hundred times.. still leakin through only on one light
Is the rubber boot seated all the way??
Old 01-30-2010, 04:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Where is the link to the write up for trimming the IPF headlights for 07/08 models???
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/ipf-headlight-quick-fix-116376/
Old 01-30-2010, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Huge difference!! Like night and day!!!

And thats comparing them to the PIAA H13 replacement bulbs. The only problem now is the head lights and fog lights are a different color.

What are we to do??? IPF???
Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Great improvement, installed mine today, I finally have high beams too. Easy to install, including the 20 seconds to trim the plug.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ECHO
Not trying to stir anything up here.. Anyone else having this issue?? or is this a seal issue?
Do you think he is talking about offroad lights (i.e. Not this kit)? I'm just wondering how he could have swapped bulbs a hundred times when this kit just came out.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

finally got to try them at night, they are a great improvement over stock
Old 01-31-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Did the install on a 2010 Unlimited with a 10/09 date of manufacture. The included harness adaptors did not snap in but did insert fully. Trimmed the triangular locking center rib for length on the first harness, it still wound not snap in. Trimmed the height and that was a mistake, I just had not trimmed the length enough. So one connection is zip tied together. Trimmed the second triangular locking center rib to length, 1 - 2 mm shorter and it snapped in just fine. Altogether the install was straight forward and the RR Euro Guards do fit. I did not have to re-aim the headlights after the install. Drove around town last night for 30 minutes and was never flashed. I do plan to double check / refine the aiming when I find a suitable replacement wall for my sloped driveway. Definite difference in color temperature between the IPF 920H4 JK Headlights and the factory fogs. There is a blue cast to the light, as we were riding along my son asked, "Are these lights blue instead of yellow? The "tail" discussed in, post 31 - 33, does appear to assist in illuminating street signs.

Thanks X-caiver for the install thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/ipf-h4-headlight-install-116143/

Just to update:

To me the stockers performance is legal but should be criminal.
I have a set of first shipment IPF's. They will hint at what the Cibie's deliver. The IPF's do make a price point and I can see how some will prefer them to the stockers. However, my initial enthusiasm for the IPF's waned after using them for just two weeks. I tried a set of SilverStars in the stock housings and preferred them to the IPF's. Ran that way while I debated what to do, knowing my son and I would be sharing the Jeep, him starting drivers ed pushed me to contact Daniel Stern. We corresponded by email 3 or 4 times, his replies were very timely. Finally had the funds and pulled the trigger with Daniel. Absolutely no regrets. The Cibie's are everything I was looking for. Just my two centavos.

Last edited by kingteddybear; 06-21-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Jedi

Thanks piginajeep!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default IPF headlights..

They are fantastic and pretty easy to install. There is a problem with the pigtail that connects the new lights to the Jeep factory socket. I had to get the Dremmel tool out and notch the pigtail in three places so it would fit the factory plug. The three tabs, deep inside the small plug are difficult to see, so bring the flashlight with the Dremmel Tool. The lights are a huge improvement, nice going Northridge....

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4