Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 01-29-2010, 11:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-ADD77
Congratulations on your outstanding job. I’m the janitor at a sewage company.
That is going in my sig.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
This is the best kit for the money ARB could come up with for the price . Nobody has ever said these are the best lights money can by.

A new harness that gavce us the ability to run a higher wattage bulb would add approx 100-150 dollars to the price.

I think we are all clear on the fact that you dont like the kit and I accept that .

We have shipped a lot of these kits and for the most part everybody is very happy with the kit. Sorry the kit does not live up to your expectations.

David
Any chance of putting a clear bulb in it for future kits?

Originally Posted by kingteddybear
Stay in your lab because the men I work with would see through you and have you as their break shack kitchen biatch within the first 30 minutes of you entering the job site.
Although I'm on the browner side of ripe, I'm still 6'5" and nearly 300 pounds. Lab rats aren't all little fellers.

This is really a silly forum; I'm gone.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hilldweller
Any chance of putting a clear bulb in it for future kits?
Since it takes an H4 bulb there are hundereds of options out there you could always use if you don't want the IPF bulbs.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:44 AM
JK Jedi Master

I think the poll needs to show who voted and how. I would bet some don't even have these lights.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put mine in yesterday. Pretty good, but I have a 2009 and one harness fit and the other didn't. So I ziptied both. Kind of a pisser. The blue is a bit weird at first, but worth the light.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Just got mine installed in my 09. Overall happy. Better output, better looking lights, better quality (glass/metal), and larger range. I did have to trim the center locking tab since it was too long to be able to snap in. No issue to me. Once trimmed, snapped right in!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
DO NOT TRIM THE FACTORY HARNESS

If you dont trim on a 2007 and 2008 it wont work

And you dont need to trim on a 2009 and 2010 .

And yes new harness are getting built but in Japan and they are approx 8 weeks out or more.

Please see the write up section for what you have to trim on the 07,08 models.

David
Where is the link to the write up for trimming the IPF headlights for 07/08 models???
Old 01-30-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dave should I expect to see a kit for the earlier JK's with the proper wiring harness in the next few months or would I just be better off ordering this kit and trimming? I've got no problem using a zip tie or electrical tape to hold it together. But if you're going to release a kit with the proper harness for my model year I'd happily wait and still give you my business.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

my ipf's are leaking condensation like a mother!!!!!!!

and i have swapped bulbs and what not a hundred times.. still leakin through only on one light
Old 01-30-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine yesterday and installed this morning. As soon as it got dark, I jumped in the JK and drove for 30 minutes. A few observations:

1) Anyone who is disappointed with these lights is being ridiculous. They are a significant improvement over the pathetic stock light. The difference is noticeable immediately

2) Yes, they have an ever so subtle blue tint but not like what all the rice burners run. Not sure I would have noticed it had I not read it on this forum

3) Yes, there is a small issue with the harness. To me, its only an issue if you don't expect it. It took me an extra 30 seconds to resolve.

These lights are worth every penny. I'm thankful that Northridge found a solution to the pathetic stock lights. Shame on Chrysler!

Last edited by pcarpenter; 01-30-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4