Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 01-29-2010, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got mine - only thing (I have an 2010) was a slight trim of the new male adapter to allow it to secure into the stock female adapter and "click" - lights look great!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jason18790

Here's the pics with the RR guards .... I like the way they look very much... The 3rd pic looks a little goofy, but from every other angle I think they look great. And if someone didn't know any better they would probably think nothing of it... It sort of retains the appearance of the bubble lens w/o having the big dumb bubble lens behind it.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers
Thanks! I still like the look and will be installing my set of front euro guards with the new headlights tomorrow, afterall. You are right the third pic does look a little goofy but two things have to be present for the "goofy" to appear:

1. The onlooker has to notice the gap is there.
2. The onlooker has to ask themselves where'd the bubble lens go?

At least the gap will make it easier to clean the spattered "lovebugs" off the lens this spring and summer.

Thanks again for going to the trouble! x6 for ya, enjoy
Old 01-29-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hilldweller
I'm the senior facility administrator in a test and measurement equipment training lab. LC/GC-MassSpec, O-scopes, etc. When Mr Hewlett and Mr Packard started the company, lighting was one of their early focuses.

I tried to be as nice as possible and post in an understandable way for lay people.
How dare you speak in such a condescending tone to me and the other members of this forum. Having studied Mr. Hewlett and Mr. Packard works and using their lab equipment while attending university I never found their published efforts to be as conceited and imperious as your writings and those of the site you are pimping for.

I am a graduate of several universities and yet I prefer to work with grown men accustomed to working with their hands, tools, and minds. I respect them and they respect me. Stay in your lab because the men I work with would see through you and have you as their break shack kitchen biatch within the first 30 minutes of you entering the job site.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tls001
My 09 had the same problem, all you have to do is trim a millimeter or two from the trianglar piece and it will lock in, don't need the zip ties or a new harness, took less than 30 seconds for each side.

You're right- it worked fine
Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

'09 build date Oct '08. I had to trim the the tab for the latch to snap shut. Other than that...THESE THINGS ARE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Now when I turn my lights on at night I know they are on. I used to wonder and constantly twist the stalk to make sure I am not driving with just my park lights on.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default Stock lights

I find it just incredible that Jeep could put a vehicle on the road with lights as bad as these (stocks). Did the engineers ever take it out at night and turn them on? How is it that lights have been on cars for decades, yet we have to wait until 2012 to find a vehicle with the dullest lights in creation? Then again, accelerator pedals also graced the Model T and Toyota seems to have screwed that up pretty good as well.

David's lights could be the second worst ever, and at that, they would be a good purchase compared to stock. I would buy these in a minute if I didn't just drop a bunch on offroad lights. That being said, if you already have Lightforce's on the bumper, two dispersion lenses for less than $50 wil light up the road nicely.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

I had no idea how bad the stockers were until i installed these lights. The problem now is how yellow the fogs look now.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

Got mine in the mail today...waiting for the weather to be warmer then 12 degrees before I do the install.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

much better than stock. the road seems blanketed by light and there is much more street sign coverage.

the only thing better would be HIDs, but at this price i am 99% happy. when i get the new harness, i will be 100% happy!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love these lights

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4