Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 01-28-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Jason18790;1536460]

".... I do have RR euro guards on the headlights ...."

Sure would appreciate a couple of photos (front and side) of the RR euro guards installed on the new headlights. I have been wondering how they would look without the bubble shape of the stock lights behind them. Thanks!

Will vote and provide feedback after Saturday install, but they are in hand and look great.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kingteddybear

Sure would appreciate a couple of photos (front and side) of the RR euro guards installed on the new headlights. I have been wondering how they would look without the bubble shape of the stock lights behind them.
No prob.... brb!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's the pics with the RR guards .... I like the way they look very much... The 3rd pic looks a little goofy, but from every other angle I think they look great. And if someone didn't know any better they would probably think nothing of it... It sort of retains the appearance of the bubble lens w/o having the big dumb bubble lens behind it.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RR4.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	36243   Click image for larger version

Name:	RR3.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	36244   Click image for larger version

Name:	RR2.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	36245   Click image for larger version

Name:	RR1.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	36246  
Old 01-29-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received mine in the mail last night, so I'm going to try to install over the weekend. I'll post comparative before and after shots.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
I think it would help us a lot more, if people who posted could comment on what they don’t like.

David
I voted "could be better." Not that I don't like them. I love the lights!!!! They are awesome!

The reason I voted "could be better" is for the obvious reason. The harness is..... well….. let’s say "could be better." Yes, it was easy to install but, the reason I buy lights is not always because of the lights. Example: Through my years I’ve had a ton of after-market lights. The one thing I've learned through the years is the harness is one of the biggest parts of a light kits longevity. I buy all HELLA & PIAA brand lights because the lights were great looking, the quality is always there, the harness was well insulated and laid out with common sense. Plus, everything fits well.
I ordered my IPF lights and waited like everyone else. I was just as excited as everyone. I read the write-ups and the unfortunate mishap with the harness. I read the correction and understood the issue. I still waited with anticipation. I received the lights yesterday. I was so excited when I opened the box and laid everything out on my workbench. The housing is awesome! The lenses were amazing! The bulbs were “cool as hell” (even the Japanese writing was cool)! And the harness looked great! Then, I tried to plug in the harness. Remember: I knew there was going to be an issue and I knew how to solve it. I was still disappointed.
I don’t regret my purchase! I don’t want my money back! The lights are one of my best mods! I will get the corrected harness when it’s available.

It is a great mod! Thanks David for putting this together and resolving a minor issue with ease!

Old 01-29-2010, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I love the lights..... but the harness failed. I had to force them in (should have trimmed some) and then zip tie it to hold the plugs together. Now.... David at Northridge is selling a great product! Its just that on my 08 it seems the plug wasn't quite right. I hear some say it plugs right in and other it doesn't. I'm thinking Jeep was using some different plugs.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So to make sure I understand this correctly, the 07-08 models need to trim the connector on the Jeep side, not the harness side? And Dave, you're currently working with ARB to correct this issue? Perhaps specify model year when ordering?

I definatly want a light upgrade to my factory lights. I've been watching this kit develop as a more economical and easier to install solution than the Stern kits. If the harness issue gets sorted I think I'll be ordering this. Not terribly crazy about how blue the light is, would have prefered yellow.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

my experience (07 jk) was that I had to trim the IPF harness; after trimming the harness could be inserted fully but did NOT click and hold itself in... i am confident the zip ties will hold but i have still requested the replacement harness when available.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

So to make sure I understand this correctly, the 07-08 models need to trim the connector on the Jeep side, not the harness side? And Dave, you're currently working with ARB to correct this issue? Perhaps specify model year when ordering?

I definatly want a light upgrade to my factory lights. I've been watching this kit develop as a more economical and easier to install solution than the Stern kits. If the harness issue gets sorted I think I'll be ordering this. Not terribly crazy about how blue the light is, would have prefered yellow.
DO NOT TRIM THE FACTORY HARNESS

If you dont trim on a 2007 and 2008 it wont work

And you dont need to trim on a 2009 and 2010 .

And yes new harness are getting built but in Japan and they are approx 8 weeks out or more.

Please see the write up section for what you have to trim on the 07,08 models.

David
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Yeah I love the lights..... but the harness failed. I had to force them in (should have trimmed some) and then zip tie it to hold the plugs together. Now.... David at Northridge is selling a great product! Its just that on my 08 it seems the plug wasn't quite right. I hear some say it plugs right in and other it doesn't. I'm thinking Jeep was using some different plugs.
You have a 2008 I am pretty sure it wont slide right in without cutting. The only way I could think it would is if you had a really late 08.

David

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4