Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 01-28-2010, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got mine on tuesday. installed in about 30 min on wed. I needed to trim the adapter cable (easy enough).

Used them for the first time wed night. did I have lights before? they are great.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

David, you are right - the point of my badly worded poll was to get feedback from folks that actually have them installed - I think the previous thread deals well with the slight mods that need to be carried out on the earlier JK models. I am really looking forward to getting/installing mine this week but was curious to hear general views of those that have them already installed.

It seems from the limited feedback that the general view so far is that the lights themselves are definitely welcomed vs. stock - flatter profile, cleaner whiter color etc.

Mark
Old 01-28-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got mine yesterday. Won't be able to install for a bit, but will post up once I do. Thanks to Northridge 4x4 for the deal!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine yesterday, and put them in. When I trimmed the harness it cracked pretty good, but it is secured with some zip ties until the new one is completed. As far as the lights, the first thing I noticed is how much whiter they are than stock. Also they seem to be much more focused. I am going to have to work on adjusting them (probably aim them down) but this should be easier since the cut offs are pretty sharp. At the moment I think I have them aimed a bit high, but they light all the way to the front of the Jeep to the point where the fog lights don't really add much more usable light.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

if I point the old lights at the garage door (example) and mark the center of each beam with a dry marker - then align the new lights to the same center points - would this solve the potential issue of having them too high or low etc?
Old 01-28-2010, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

After installing the lights and driving around the neighborhood I have to say I am impressed. They are much better than stock... I'm not crazy about their blueness but i wasn't crazy about crappy stocks either...

I was realigning my headlights and noticed the spare light shooting off in the upper right of the garage. My apologies about the iPhone picture, but has anyone else has the light shooting off? I do have RR euro guards on the headlights so thats my only guess. Anyone else experiencing this without the guards?

Also, for those that have not yet purchased, no the lights aren't as bright as the sun, thats just my phone cam being dumb and the reflection off my garage door.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	headlights.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	36209  
Old 01-28-2010, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

I believe that is part of the design. Shoots off to the right so that you can see pedestrians, street signs, etc...
Old 01-28-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ocbasbalburg
I believe that is part of the design. Shoots off to the right so that you can see pedestrians, street signs, etc...
x2 All e-code headlights will have this so you can see the items along the side of the road better.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed mine last night, I have an 09 and had to trim a millimeter or two from the center piece that clicks in to allow it to latch. This took all of 30 seconds to do and is really insignificant. The lights are much better than stock.
Very happy with them.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Head on shots. I have a 09' Unlim, no trimming needed. I think I broke the retainer on the OEM connector, just zip tied em on. Here are some head on pics.

Stock

Driver Side Done

Both Sides Done

"Mad Eyes" since im right there

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4