Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by markjd
Recommend you go to the very first post and edit the link (it works fine) into it. USE THE EDIT BUTTON. Note how someone has already misunderstood and voted (see immediately after your post I've quoted). I'm not certain, but you may even be able to modify the poll question.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Echo, The problem with adapter is small, 07-08 JKs and 09-10 headlight plug are a little different. Looks to me the plug was make for the 09-10 plug as mine snapped right in lock tight. They're going to need to have ones for 07-08 models and one 09 and on. Plus theres always issues with the first batch of a new product. But on to your questions you can use any h4 blub thats the same wattage you want, and its plug an play so theres just alittle 5 inch harness that plugs into the old h13plug (where the moding occurs not light side)with a h4 plug on the other end. So if you want to go back to stock unplug harness install h13 blub or the next great light mod.
The Lights are great compared to what they were, A very nice white light.

Last edited by Duckakili; 01-27-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it would help us alot more , if people who posted could comment on what they dont like.

David

Last edited by Northridge4x4; 01-27-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
I think it would help us alot more if people who posted that they could be better could comment on what they dont like.

David
X's 2. It would be nice to read comments from actual use, both negative and positive.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Dave, I was one of the three.. my concerns were addressed in the previous three posts.. No nothing of the other two..
Ok cool just checking and I know one was somebody who did it on accident so we have 3 "wish they were better " votes and two dont count

David
Old 01-27-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

my only wish about them is..

to hurry the hell up and get to my house!!!

so i can install them!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

i am curious if they fit the '10 without modifying. that would be great clarification
Old 01-27-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

some of the 09/10 may need a ziptie as some seem not to snapped in, but NO CUTTING for 09/10 they fit all the way in.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

just installed mine.

Install was an absolute breeze. the worst part was when the OEM bumper ate my #15 torx and i spent 5 minutes trying to find it.

The lights are much flater than the convex OEM jobs.

The connectors needed trimming on my '08. I cracked one of the connectors pretty good trying to trim it. One trimmed easily, the other seemed brittle. Regardless, they plugged in after trimming and i ziptied them securely.

The brightness is a huge improvement. Honestly, I wasnt expecting this much improvement. I had been running OEM lighting w/ fogs and no aftermarket.

The light seems quite a bit blue. Maybe its just because the OEM was so yellow, hard to say. But it looks pretty darn blue now.

overall, very happy with the purchase. Would definetly buy again. But thanks to Northridge4x4. Thanks for making this happen.

Last edited by Borden; 01-27-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
I think it would help us alot more if people who posted that they could be better could comment on what they dont like.

David
Did I really type that Horrible sentence but I think everybody got my point

Dave, did you read my concern??
There is no modification to the light at all or the factory harness just the new plug.

I guess I may have mis understood the point of this poll . I thought we were getting peoples reactions who actually have the lights. I am very interested in what everybody thinks who is getting them.

We all know now that the harness may require a bit of modification and believe me I am not happy about that but ARB is fixing that and will be sending out new harness to people once they are available.

So if Iwas to vote on the poll about if they can improve the whole package I would say yes because of the harness snafu I would rather have them all perfect of course, If I was voting for the light performance I am very happy with that.

David

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4