Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 01-29-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NH-JK
Are these plug and play? Or do you have to cut and splice? Very interested.... What's the cost?
They are plug and play. I've got a set that I will be installing in a few months. $149.99 shipped
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...-920H4&cat=276
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ite-up-testing
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...dlight-Install
Old 01-29-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shredX
Whenever I see a truck with blue headlights, my first thought is "aftermarket crap". I want better light pattern (which I got) but I don't want the lights to look aftermarket.
EXACTLY how I feel. I love the new lights and light pattern but the blue bulbs bother me a bit, and you can see the blue either on or off. I normally drive 100% of the time with my low beams and fogs on, but I think I will just use the fogs during the day. Let us know how the Silverstars look and if they hold up. I've had Silverstars that only last 3-4 months, really annoying.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the blue bulbs even legal? We can't have any blue lights on our vehicles in NH... I'm very interested in this swap... What's a good bright bulb to replace the blue one...
Old 01-30-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Super Freak

The SIlverstar Ultras are in and I'm 100% satisfied.

The bulbs still have a very light hue to them but shine bright white. The IPF bulbs where dark blue or even a little purple and shone a bluish light.

We shall see about the longevity...
Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shredX
The SIlverstar Ultras are in and I'm 100% satisfied.

The bulbs still have a very light hue to them but shine bright white. The IPF bulbs where dark blue or even a little purple and shone a bluish light.

We shall see about the longevity...
The kit I received had the IPF H4 XT42 bulbs included with it. I would not call them a dark blue in the least, more of a very light blue. But the light it puts out is white, but somewhat washed out. I would have like the Silerstars also, but not sure at this point if I want to spend more money to change them out, and trash the IPF bulbs.

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4