Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 04-03-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racer83l
The IPF's have less than 1,000 miles on them, I know rocks dont give a crap about mileage but it just seems silly to make these from glass..
I can understand your frustration, but honestly the rock might have done the same thing to a stock light. The stock headlights are truly hideous. I cannot imagine going back.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if your writing with a pencil and it breaks do you blame the lead in the pencil?

I guess you could get ahold of the company that made the pencil and let them know about the broken lead on their inferior pencil. You could contact the retailer that sold you the pencil and complain also and demand a replacement or at least a decent price on a replacement or you could just go on Al Gore's WWW and tell the whole world how you were wronged by the inferior lead and all involved with it's manufacturing and vow to never use one again or you could simply replace the pencil and move on?

Good luck with your issues sir,
Mikey
Old 04-19-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Finally picked these headlights up last week, installed them this weekend. Super simple install and wow what a difference they make compared to the stock lights.

For the money they are a must have=)

Mikey
Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just ordered a set of these with the white bulbs as well as a Riddler diff cover. Cant wait to get this stuff installed!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRockJk4x4
... as well as a Riddler diff cover. ...
Just one? Anyway, I have all of that and really like it. Except I replaced the bulbs that came with the IPF headlights with old style halogens--the cheapest bulbs Sylvania makes. I didn't care for the blue reflection that you saw in the headlights when they were off. And the bulbs I picked perfectly match the factory fogs in color temp, and still provide an outstanding beam pattern.

The IPF headlight assemblies just look right on the Jeep. No more cheesy, B-movie, sci-fi, laser cannon look for me!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Junkie

Default Re: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

After some heavy rain I noticed that there is a lot of fog/condensation inside one of the headlights and the rubber gasket is seated correctly on the back is there anything I can do to get rid of the condensation? Is this normal or should I be concerend?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

My pass side started condensing too you have to uninstall and let it dry out
Old 01-29-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Just installed last night. Voted that they are great.

Light spread or pattern: light years above stock. No more need to use the fogs to see the first 10 feet in front of the JK. <-- this is why I made the purchase

Blue lights: Meh. Feels washed out. This is personal preference, so not holding it against IPF or NR4x4. Whenever I see a truck with blue headlights, my first thought is "aftermarket crap". I want better light pattern (which I got) but I don't want the lights to look aftermarket. Picking up some Siverstar H4 replacements today.

Install: Easy. Do not let the little trimming issue bother you.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

How many people are having issues with condensation in the housings. I will be installing these in the next few months and was wondering if there is anything I could do to prevent this problem from happenning after the install?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are these plug and play? Or do you have to cut and splice? Very interested.... What's the cost?

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4