Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 02-14-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
finally arrived in Canada....did the install after work took about 45 minutes to do. Had to use the Zip ties as mine would not snap tight. It was a bit of a pain for the IPF headlight to fit within the stock housing....seemed a little big. But I managed to get them in solid and man what a BIG difference from stock..... I did not have to do any adjusting as they sat great! Well worth the $189 CDN!
Interesting, as mine were lose to the point of almost falling through.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK-JK23
my ipf's are leaking condensation like a mother!!!!!!!

and i have swapped bulbs and what not a hundred times.. still leakin through only on one light
noticed my passenger side light is full of condensation. boot is on snug.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

installed my lights this week. I can finally see at night!!

No shirt for me....must've been something I said?
Old 02-21-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got in from installing them. The install took about 45 minutes. My only problem was the harness provided didn't snap into the stock plug. I had to hold them in place and electrical tape it together. Any input on getting the to snap or if I should use some other method of holding them together?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pettym
I just got in from installing them. The install took about 45 minutes. My only problem was the harness provided didn't snap into the stock plug. I had to hold them in place and electrical tape it together. Any input on getting the to snap or if I should use some other method of holding them together?
I don't know what year you did the install on but when I did the install on my 07 I shaved the very leading edge of each of the guides on top of the new male connector (viewing it from the front looking into the connector). I only had the shave it so ever so slightly to create a 45 degree leading edge so the new harness would seat it'self all the way inside the factory harness. To get it to clip I again SHAVED a tiny bit off of the sides and leading edge of the locking pin on top and it snapped in fine. I didn't have to cut the new harness as agressively as some others seemed to have, a sharp stanley knife worked fine for me. I put a cable tie around the completed connection just for good measure. I hope that made sense

Edit - Post number 25 in the thread below (Thanks to CJK) shows exactly what I'm talking about in regards to trimming the guides and the last photo in the first post shows the cable tie method (Thanks to Northridge4x4). Couldn't remember where I saw it intitially https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=116376&page=3

Last edited by TheQuiet1; 02-21-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question

That makes total sense! I'm kinda upset that I didn't think of it I'll be out there tomorrow night making some mods so it snaps in. Did you just use regular zip ties?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, just plain old cable/zip ties. I only used one on each harness. I'm confident that with the harness actually "clicking" into place that it would never come loose on its own but I'm just that kinda person where I just wanted to "make sure".

The information I've provided is not new, or my own, but it's all buried deep in the multiple threads and 1000+ posts on this topic so it's hard to find now. Just letting you know what worked for me, and hopefully it helps you out.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
This is the best kit for the money ARB could come up with for the price . Nobody has ever said these are the best lights money can by.

A new harness that gavce us the ability to run a higher wattage bulb would add approx 100-150 dollars to the price.

I think we are all clear on the fact that you dont like the kit and I accept that .

We have shipped a lot of these kits and for the most part everybody is very happy with the kit. Sorry the kit does not live up to your expectations.

David
Well I want these lights, and thanks Dave for causing them to happen. I will probably wait a few weeks until the new harness is available for my 07.

I have been following their development with great interest for months.

One reason I like them is that they are very affordable and basically plug and play. Of course they are not going to be as fancy as $500 lights. Jeez I do not understand people sometimes.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just wanted to let everybody know the next shipment will be here in 2 days!!

New harness will be here March 15th give or take a few days

David
Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

As a note dont cut outside in colder temperatures as it may cause the pigtails to snap ask me how I know :( Anyways put in a request for the proper pigtails for my 2007. Going to try them out tonight.

Thanks
Andrew

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4