Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 02-05-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had to trim the tab only took me a half an hour to put them in and the are great i can actually see where i am going
Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Jbw
JK Newbie

just got mine in today took maybe 30 mins to install. mine is a 2010 build date 10/09 plug didnt clip but zip tied them not worried about it though didnt even try to trim them. awsome lights. dont know if its the color, reflector , or what but they kick the stock headlights in the butt! definatly worth the dough!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Got mine installed Monday. Felt a little like Christmas again!

It was cold, dark, and snowing outside, but I still managed to get them installed in just about 45 minutes. Well worth it! The new lenses actually cover what they're suppose to. However, I am not a fan of the blue tinted bulbs. I believe I will try something like the Philips X-Treme, as I've read some pretty good reviews about them. But still very happy!!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

I have to agree. These are much much better than the flash lights that were on there from the factory, but I'm not a fan of the blue tint. Still I'm glad I got them. Still some adjusting to do, but very nice.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had them in over a week, and I still love them. I got to use the highbeams for a long while (finally), and they are great. If you are still on the fence, don't be.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Just drove home from my shop after installing the new IPF Headlights, i think they are well worth it & a great improvement for a reasonable price. I had the Silverstar bulbs & these are much brighter i can actually see well without the fogs on & now with the fogs on the light output is awesome. Personally the blue tint from the bulbs doesnt bother me I kind of like it.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

all right. new lights sitting in my front hall. Nice new shirt and aluminum fairlead. Thanks scott. Install tomorrow
Old 02-12-2010, 08:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

finally arrived in Canada....did the install after work took about 45 minutes to do. Had to use the Zip ties as mine would not snap tight. It was a bit of a pain for the IPF headlight to fit within the stock housing....seemed a little big. But I managed to get them in solid and man what a BIG difference from stock..... I did not have to do any adjusting as they sat great! Well worth the $189 CDN!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Headlights arrived this week (thanks Stan and Dave) along with my t-shirt, and I installed them this morning. Had to drive some twisty rural roads tonight and the difference from the stock headlights is incredible, even when I had the PIAA Extreme Whites installed.

Low beam now actually looks like my lights are on, and high beam lights up the road much better. Road signs and guard rails show up better too.

As others have said, the light is focused where it should be.
Good job Northridge and IPF.
This is how the factory set should have been. I don't understand why they needed to reinvent the headlight, then do it so poorly, when there are viable and better alternatives like cibie and hella and of course IPF 7" headlights already in existence?
Old 02-14-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

installed my yesterday. 45 min. The lights are great. A vast improvement. It should come like that from the factory. It should be everyones first mod.

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4