Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Are the New JK Headlights (installed) up to expectations?
Yes - they are great
73.21%
could be better
26.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4

Old 02-01-2010, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
have you guys aligned your cutoffs to be one solid line, or have you kept the jagged cut off?
I have kept the jagged cut off (the upward flare on either side of the light pattern). The only adjustment I made was to slightly lower the driver side headlight after I installed the new IPF housings.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I lowered mine but kept the passenger side a little higher than the drivers
Old 02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
have you guys aligned your cutoffs to be one solid line, or have you kept the jagged cut off?
if you mean the portion of the beam that trends a bit higher to the right-hand side, that is done on purpose to light up the signs, etc., on the side of the road. Perfectly normal.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

COULD BE BETTER........ well yeah absolutely! But for the price I don't see how! I mean.... if you want to drop a couple of hundred more I'm sure you can fab up a kit that mimicks the Mercedes Benz headlights! But for this price I'm VERY HAPPY!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The flare upward is designed in the IPF light. The flat, horizontal area is what should be aimed according to aligning directions posted. See step 4 yellow angled line. http://www.coolbulbs.com/HID-VISUAL-...-PROCEDURE.pdf
Old 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jiblet
if you mean the portion of the beam that trends a bit higher to the right-hand side, that is done on purpose to light up the signs, etc., on the side of the road. Perfectly normal.
no the jagged one in the middle of the light output.

i moved it down to make one smooth cutoff, but didnt care for the head on look.

guess i was just used to the hid stepped cutoff.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I received my lights, but have not installed yet. Was waiting to see if the RR light guards fit first. Now that I read they do, it is time to order me some! Will install guards/lights at once to avoid taking things apart twice
Old 02-03-2010, 07:20 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Since these IPF's have become hotter than "I love the Situation" t-shirts, I thought it'd be best to call David prior to placing my order. It was well before 8AM local time in Washington state and he answered the phone cheerfully, and confirmed they were indeed in stock.

Now the waiting game begins. I'm hoping (expecting) that these will blow my Silverstar lights out of the water!

Thanks David!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
David is working on an upgrade for them. But, I'm okay with the foglight pattern, but would like a similar color. How do the new bulbs compare to Silverstars? If I can just change the bulbs, I'd much rather do that and spend that remaining money on something else (from David, of course!).

BTW: For the record, my light kit, which was ordered on the first day, has not arrived yet. I figure the weather caused a problem and am hopeful they will catch up today. But, since changing these things out requires pulling my winch and bumper to get the grill off, I expect I won't be changing these out until the new harness is available.
why do you need to pull the bumper? is it that close to the grill?

The grill popped off easy and was out of the way, I have a decent amount of room between the Powerplant and the grill with my Hanson bumper..

It was easy install even with the minor trimming of the harness
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
why do you need to pull the bumper? is it that close to the grill?

The grill popped off easy and was out of the way, I have a decent amount of room between the Powerplant and the grill with my Hanson bumper..

It was easy install even with the minor trimming of the harness
I agree with Pig here...I don't have a winch but to pop the grill of it only takes like maybe an inch of clearance.

This install even with the trimming took me about 40 minutes. And that was after I spent about 20 minutes trying to get my Silverstar bulbs to fit in the new housings instead of the H4 bulbs. (which won't work by the way!) After trimming and zip tying everything together, I am glad I went with the H4 bulbs that came with the lights. This is easily one of my favorite mods to date. Great stuff.

Quick Reply: New Poll on New JK Headlights- IPF from Northridge4x4