Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor

Old 08-26-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by afoulk
just got mine tonight and wanna plug it in, just to make sure it works before I get a pod and mount it. I gather that I wanna use platform 2, especially if I wanna keep track of my tranny temp. Do you select different parameters to monitor from all 3 platforms, or are you limited to what ever is listed under platform 2? Their instructions leave a little bit to be desired.
You have to select platform 2 and select the parameters from those which show while in platform 2.
For example, when I selected platform 1 or 3, tranny temp did not work. It would only work while in platform 2.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mounted my gauge today.... I used a pedestal pod from auto meter and screwed it to the existing visor mount hole with a longer screw I had. Took me 5 minutes to finish this and didn't have to drill anything or dismantle the plastic pillar cover

On a side note, I attempted to disable ESP again but no ESP light (on platform 2)..

Last edited by hunter0781; 08-26-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but here are a couple questions I have from reading all of the posts since I last checked this thread - - - What is "platform 1, 2, 3"? Has undertow's problem with something reading backwards get fixed yet? Who has problems besides deconstructionist?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

yhe gauge works with many different chryslers wrangler is on number 2 of 3 possible choices.no probs here
Old 08-26-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ColinW
I haven't been following this thread too closely, but here are a couple questions I have from reading all of the posts since I last checked this thread - - - What is "platform 1, 2, 3"? Has undertow's problem with something reading backwards get fixed yet? Who has problems besides deconstructionist?
Some progress I hope!
Got a response on the Aero board and thought I would post it here: I have NOT tried it yet as I just got home from work....will try early morning before work or during lunch tomorrow. Emphasis are mine

You need to get into the user menu and select controls, not performance. Once in controls select the option to turn the ESP back on. You'll then have to turn the ignition off and back on again to finalize the process. It is normal for the brake and ESP lights to be one when the system is off.

Once performance is selected, the gauge expects you to drive 1/4 mile to time your 0-60, 1/8, and 1/4 times. You don't need to go wide open throttle the whole distance, but at least coast the whole 1/4 mile so the timer can stop. Then you will be taken to a screen showing the results. Hit the right button to exit back to the menu.

Yes, you want to be in platform 2. I may need to check the user manual and see if the Wrangler is listed under platform 2 and add it if not.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

I am under the impression this tool turns off ESP and ABS completely, whereas the switch on the dash does not. True?
If true, is there an advantage to a complete turning off of the systems?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

that makes sense just went back and looked at your posts didnt catch that you werent in controls.youll be good to go now!!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I am under the impression this tool turns off ESP and ABS completely, whereas the switch on the dash does not. True?
If true, is there an advantage to a complete turning off of the systems?
Corect-- the stock switch will only *partially* disable the ESP..... there is a perma-mod sequence to disbale it--- but will not work for 07's unless flashed to be able to do so......or like me with an 08' that just refuses to accept the sequence: so that is half the reason I bought this gauge

BTW thanks adam! will keep everyone updated!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:11 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
Corect-- the stock switch will only *partially* disable the ESP..... there is a perma-mod sequence to disbale it--- but will not work for 07's unless flashed to be able to do so......or like me with an 08' that just refuses to accept the sequence: so that is half the reason I bought this gauge

BTW thanks adam! will keep everyone updated!
I'm fairly certain that the factory permanent ESP disable, does not disable ABS. I'd be surprised if this unit does. Is there any reason that anybody would want to disable ABS?

I'm in process of getting set up to be a dealer for these. I'll post updates as I get them. Maybe some better prices on the way?!?!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
I'm fairly certain that the factory permanent ESP disable, does not disable ABS. I'd be surprised if this unit does. Is there any reason that anybody would want to disable ABS?

I'm in process of getting set up to be a dealer for these. I'll post updates as I get them. Maybe some better prices on the way?!?!

As far as I know you are partially correct- the sequence to disbale is *supposed* to be for the ESP only............ Now as for the ABS-- I *THINK* it does-- as that's what my cluster is saying!!!

YES! An Update! Tried the sequence that I posted above from the Aero board and it seems to have worked: But I really am gonna play the dumb dope here and ask again from everybody that has the ESP disbaled--- You ARE getting ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL these lights on your jeep's cluster? I've got the 4 following lights STAYING on:
  • car squiggle
  • ESP/BAS
  • ABS
  • BRAKE

Quick Reply: New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor