Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor

Old 08-24-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adam_kurtz
maybe you switched it off in platform 3 you might have to go back to 3 and turn it on then switch to the correct platform.i disabled mine again and you do get the lights,then to turn it back on you must cycle the key and the lights go out.
Well, I've give it a try....anything a try... Drove me nutts today driving all around and wondering what to do (I JUST read this post).
I figure it'll be monday at the least before I hear anything on the Aero boards.... but in reading your post...

i disabled mine again and you do get the lights,
is certainly the part I was wondering most about.

Will try something during m' lunch break tomorrow...maybe go back into platform 3 and uncheck everything and then try again through platform 2.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

let me know if i can be anymore help
Old 08-25-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adam_kurtz
let me know if i can be anymore help

Thanks.... And you're up to bat AGAIN!!!!!!!

I went back at lunch today and tried With key in/On but not running-- UNchecking everything in platforms 1,2, and 3 and still get the screen "Vehicle must be at 0 Mph"

From there tried JUST platform 2....and still get the screen "Vehicle must be at 0 Mph"

Unchecked every item and check a couple on platform 3......and still get the screen "Vehicle must be at 0 Mph"

Went back and tried ALLLLLLLLLLLLL this again WITH the vehicle RUNNING.....and still get the screen "Vehicle must be at 0 Mph"

I tell ya'..... I bought this gauge for ONLY TWO reasons... for the trans temp AND the ESP disable------> So at the moment I'm only gettin' 50% of what I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope this can be fixed soon! NOoooooooo response yet on the Aero boards................ I aint *there* YET...but I'm close to hoppin' Mad!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Don't get too mad yet. When I first got mine I had a devil of a time getting things to work. The instructions that came with it AND the downloadable instructions are not detailed at all.
Mine is in platform two. I just went out and disabled ESP, and the ABS and "skidding car" lights came on. The engine was running when I did this.

I remember getting the "Vehicle must be at 0 Mph" warning when I first hooked up the gauge and was trying to set it up. I don't remember what brought it on though. It had nothing to do with disabling ESP.

If you don't get it working by Tuesday evening, I'll do it again, write down each step, and post it here.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Don't get too mad yet. When I first got mine I had a devil of a time getting things to work. The instructions that came with it AND the downloadable instructions are not detailed at all.
Mine is in platform two. I just went out and disabled ESP, and the ABS and "skidding car" lights came on. The engine was running when I did this.

I remember getting the "Vehicle must be at 0 Mph" warning when I first hooked up the gauge and was trying to set it up. I don't remember what brought it on though. It had nothing to do with disabling ESP.

If you don't get it working by Tuesday evening, I'll do it again, write down each step, and post it here.

Awsome, glad to know this aint one in a million-type problems. I'll keep tracking on the Aero site but I may just have to take you up on the write up! i hate having to say that for something that *should* be pretty dam easy (Well, ok... it was AT FIRST).

Many thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKrazed
I pulled the trigger on this one a few days ago. I'm gonna try something trick for the installation... we'll see if it works out.

ohhhhhhhhh thanks for the reminder - i WAS able to find a gauge pod-- a Pillar mount one--- its actually for a mustang but it looks like it may work well_ its actually TEMP fitted though to the Sport cage just above & to the left of the driver I'll try and snap some pics and get 'em posted here ASAP.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

never got the o miles message.i would like to see your pod and get a part number,price,where you got it,ect.not thrilled with my pod but,havent had any probs with my gauge.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

also i think from reading some of the aeroforce forum you can unplug from the obd port and rest the gauge.not sure how long this takes.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

just got mine tonight and wanna plug it in, just to make sure it works before I get a pod and mount it. I gather that I wanna use platform 2, especially if I wanna keep track of my tranny temp. Do you select different parameters to monitor from all 3 platforms, or are you limited to what ever is listed under platform 2? Their instructions leave a little bit to be desired.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

i used all on platform 2

Quick Reply: New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor