Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor

Old 08-23-2008, 05:40 AM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
It will trigger a low oil pressure light, 2nd from left, top row in the center portion of the instrument cluster. It may even trigger a chime, to bring your attention to it.
That's good to know. Should've checked before posting! Interesting that this guage can't find an oil pressure reading from OBD port.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used the optional senders in analog 1 and 2 for pressure and temp for the oil.works great and as stated platform 2 is for the jk.alittle side note if you order from maryland speed its free shipping for this gauge.and it still ships from aeroforce.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by adam_kurtz
i used the optional senders in analog 1 and 2 for pressure and temp for the oil.works great and as stated platform 2 is for the jk.alittle side note if you order from maryland speed its free shipping for this gauge.and it still ships from aeroforce.
Keep an eye on your order status. I had to remind them a week after placing the order. It was shipped the same day they acknowledged my reminder.
They warn you it takes 3-5 days for Aeroforce to make the gauge for you. So, a week later, I had to e-mail Maryland Speed. Got it, though. Very nice to have the data it displays.

Originally Posted by CJK
That's good to know. Should've checked before posting! Interesting that this guage can't find an oil pressure reading from OBD port.
The info is not there. The computer only tracks if the oil pressure switch is open or closed.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

what temp is your tranny reading?mine doesnt seem to get above 180
Old 08-23-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

what temp is your tranny reading?mine doesnt seem to get above 180
My fluctuates between 160-190. I'm in the process of installing a tranny cooler. I'll post my results cooler install.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
deconstructionist,

My trans temp worked only on Platform 2. Being on Platform 2 also enabled lots of other stuff, too.

THANKS!

When you disable ESP it does not show on the instrument panel. However, I did test it on and off road. It definitely disables it.
So wait a second....It doesn't show ANYTHING??????? Do I have problem with mine showing *BRAKE* and *ESP/BAS*
Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

my lights come on when i disable esp the skidding car and the ones you have
Old 08-23-2008, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

weird, i'll try it again then....
Old 08-23-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Ok...well then.... Now I know I've got a twofold problem then.

Switched from platform 3 to platform 2 and NOW...now I've got NO lights whatsoever-- unless I hit the consul/regular ESP button ((((And)))

And I shoulda wrote it down... But now trying to get back into the *Performance* sub menu I get a messege (Something to the effect) "MPH must be O" I'm friggin SITTING STILL IN PARK!!!!!!!!!! Once I'm at the screen with that dialogue I cant get the unit out of that mode unless I shut down the Jeep, remove key and wait for the unit to go off and then insert key and get it to re-boot.

I CAn still use the gauges.... Seems my trans is running about an average of about 175....... not bad figguring I was hauling ass in 95 temps

Undertow-- if you or anyone has ANY more info please post it here!!!! I think I'll dash off to the Aero forum and ask the dudes there too & will post back anything they give just in case anyone else runs into this scenario

Last edited by deconstructionist; 08-23-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

maybe you switched it off in platform 3 you might have to go back to 3 and turn it on then switch to the correct platform.i disabled mine again and you do get the lights,then to turn it back on you must cycle the key and the lights go out.

Quick Reply: New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor