Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor

Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
these might be on the short list these would look awesome strapped on my front sport cage... those look great.

lets see some install pics guys
You will when I overcome one lil' problem............ I cant find a dammed POD around here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more place to looksie and then it just might be another confangled internet order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 03:00 AM
JK Newbie

Glowshift.com is where I got my pod and my sender adapter
Old 08-16-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adam_kurtz
Glowshift.com is where I got my pod and my sender adapter

WHICH one did you go with for the pod? The Universal?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

That's a very nice gauge I might very well add that in the future.
As far as the question you posed. My wife said yep we're wrong.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

the universal swivel cup. ill take pics when i get my rig back. got hail damage so its in the body shop.mounted just above the tweeter on pillar.perfect fit.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by undertow119
With all the talk around here about transmissions overheating, I wanted a gauge to monitor transmission temperature. I was going to install a dedicated gauge, but in searching for one I found this instead:

Hey undertow...........

Yes.... I'm S-L-O-W to do some things: but have a couple questions for ya' . I just Semi-installed the unit.

1. WHICH trans temp setting did you use? On platform 1 2 or 3???

I Found the ESP disble-- But a question for ya.... When you activate it Is it Supposed to read in the Instrument cluster " BAS/ESP" "BRAKE" I woulda thought it woulda said "ESP Disabled" Like how its supposed to do when ya' follow the Jeep manual for permantly disabling the thing?

Anyone?

Buelluer? Buelluer?????
Old 08-23-2008, 04:13 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

deconstructionist,

My trans temp worked only on Platform 2. Being on Platform 2 also enabled lots of other stuff, too.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

I Found the ESP disble-- But a question for ya.... When you activate it Is it Supposed to read in the Instrument cluster " BAS/ESP" "BRAKE" I woulda thought it woulda said "ESP Disabled" Like how its supposed to do when ya' follow the Jeep manual for permantly disabling the thing?
Trans sensor is on platform 2.

When you disable ESP it does not show on the instrument panel. However, I did test it on and off road. It definitely disables it.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:15 AM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This whole discussion brings up a scary point: our computers are not monitoring oil pressure Does that mean a loss of oil pressure (critical condition!) would not even trigger a check engine light? Hopefully I'm wrong about this, if not it has to be one of the dumbest engineering oversights I've seen Jeep make. The oil pressure gauge in my CJ is pitiful and the 258 runs at low pressures anyway but at least if it drops to zero I know I have a problem before it locks up.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by CJK
This whole discussion brings up a scary point: our computers are not monitoring oil pressure Does that mean a loss of oil pressure (critical condition!) would not even trigger a check engine light? Hopefully I'm wrong about this, if not it has to be one of the dumbest engineering oversights I've seen Jeep make. The oil pressure gauge in my CJ is pitiful and the 258 runs at low pressures anyway but at least if it drops to zero I know I have a problem before it locks up.
It will trigger a low oil pressure light, 2nd from left, top row in the center portion of the instrument cluster. It may even trigger a chime, to bring your attention to it.

Quick Reply: New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor