Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor

Old 08-10-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohhhh no more money, great find an we have more pics please maybe zoomed out and how does it attach to the dash, do we just plug it in and it works ie: does all power come from one connector

thanks.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:47 PM
JK Freak

Undertow............. I cannot express with words how much I NEEEEEEED to disdain you, mock you, ridicule you, hold you in contempt, and all around just flat out forever watch out for you...I should put you on my IGNORE list....

WHy???????????????????

Its simple............. I saw you post........... I envied you sooooooooooo friggin much I bought one the same friggin night I saw the post not even waiting for you to respond about the pod!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to go searching for a OBDII Splitter toooooooooo to boot 'cause I now will have to run my Scan Gauge II ANNNNNNNNND this damed new one that you've posted!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think ANYONE here can forgive you UNTIL you post more info on that Pod and the part number for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:59 PM
JK Freak

OOO esp supported and more

aeroforcetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=506

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-11-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an OBDII VW that uses a program called vag-com. I'm not sure if jeeps do this, but vw's report the torque (in newtons) generated by the motor. With this we were able to calculate HP, and thus a rolling road dyno. It has been great for dynoing modifications for unbiased rolling road reports of Air Filters, Mufflers and all other sorts of modifications. Do you know if this device would be able to modify tire/gearing values to correct speedos?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by artpics
Ohhhh no more money, great find an we have more pics please maybe zoomed out and how does it attach to the dash, do we just plug it in and it works ie: does all power come from one connector

thanks.
The picture above is not mine...I guess I should have made that clear. That pic is from the aeroforcetech website. My camera is currently non-functional (and I spent all my play money on the gauge instead of on a new camera... ) I can take some crappy cellphone pics later if you want, but I don't know if they'll be worth looking at.

I used this to mount mine:

boostcontroller.com/index.php?item=40

The gauge plugs right into the OBD2 port under the dash, and gets its power from there. There is no other wiring involved.

Last edited by JackMac4; 12-19-2008 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
I envied you sooooooooooo friggin much I bought one the same friggin night I saw the post not even waiting for you to respond about the pod!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think ANYONE here can forgive you UNTIL you post more info on that Pod and the part number for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh oh........see my post above this one.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Please don't hate me.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by undertow119
The picture above is not mine...I guess I should have made that clear. That pic is from the aeroforcetech website. My camera is currently non-functional (and I spent all my play money on the gauge instead of on a new camera... ) I can take some crappy cellphone pics later if you want, but I don't know if they'll be worth looking at.

I used this to mount mine:

boostcontroller.com/index.php?item=40

The gauge plugs right into the OBD2 port under the dash, and gets its power from there. There is no other wiring involved.

ThanKs Undertow that is all the info i need, and a great mount all other info is on the website will order once a few checks come in

Last edited by JackMac4; 12-19-2008 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Pretty slick mod, I guess if you know the max auto-tranny temp and you're pulling a load uphill on a trip an auto-temp gauge would come in handy. I'd suggest an audible alarm tied into the system if the auto-tranny temp is that big of a concern, at least you'd hear it as well.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
Pretty slick mod, I guess if you know the max auto-tranny temp and you're pulling a load uphill on a trip an auto-temp gauge would come in handy. I'd suggest an audible alarm tied into the system if the auto-tranny temp is that big of a concern, at least you'd hear it as well.
you could tap into the LED to trigger a relay for an alarm.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Thank you Undertow!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor