Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor

Old 02-04-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CJK
This whole discussion brings up a scary point: our computers are not monitoring oil pressure Does that mean a loss of oil pressure (critical condition!) would not even trigger a check engine light? Hopefully I'm wrong about this, if not it has to be one of the dumbest engineering oversights I've seen Jeep make. The oil pressure gauge in my CJ is pitiful and the 258 runs at low pressures anyway but at least if it drops to zero I know I have a problem before it locks up.
I'm with you.
So much thecnology/computer to run the whole system and It can NOT read the Engine Oil Temp and Pressure. Does are CRITICAL parameters for an Engine. !
Old 02-04-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Does it let you set the Lockers ON when in 4H or lock the rear ones in 2wd ?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
It will trigger a low oil pressure light, 2nd from left, top row in the center portion of the instrument cluster. It may even trigger a chime, to bring your attention to it.
So how is the Jeep reading the Oil Pressure
Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just installed mine yesterday! version 3.7

i also go tthe autometer pod and had to paint the hardware for it black cause it was shiny and ugly haha.

and yes you can put the lockers on in 4 hi but i dont know about 2wd.... im assuming.....yes?

Old 02-04-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuto
So how is the Jeep reading the Oil Pressure
The closest the Jeep gets to reading the oil pressure is the low pressure switch closes to turn on the light at a certain pressure setting.

Quick Reply: New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor