Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor

Old 01-26-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Fathom
Not really a how to but this is the link to the Aeroforce forum thread about MAP kPa MOUSE.... oops

(here's the link)
ht tp://aeroforcetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1152

Almost sounds like they had another parameter available for MAP. They were discussing a Gran Prix. Check the last post in the thread.

This is what is driving me crazy about the Aeroforce and the PLX multigauge. They display a lot of useless stuff from the OBDII and it seems to be real difficult to nail them down as to all parameters they do display, AND they are a wee bit expensive. I need manifold vacumn and pressure under boost and it looks like I would have to buy their mechanical transducer kit and a 5v power supply to get what I want. I can get a pretty good gauge for Vacumn/Boost for the cost of the transducer alone. (don't get me wrong the coolness factor of the Aeroforce makes me want one )
I have a boost gauge in my VW TDI. It reads boost in psi above atmosphere, not psi absolute.
I would think a vacuum/boost gauge would be the best way for you to go, rather than trying to display it through the AeroForce gauge.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered my gauge today. $227 shipped from advanceadapters.com using coupon code THANKYOU .

Now that it includes new Jeep features (Set TPMS, High Idle, Set Gear Ratio / Tire size etc.) I can sell my Procal.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedRock GatorRaider
Just ordered my gauge today. $227 shipped from advanceadapters.com using coupon code THANKYOU .

Now that it includes new Jeep features (Set TPMS, High Idle, Set Gear Ratio / Tire size etc.) I can sell my Procal.
wow that sounds like a awesome gauge .. you can do all those things with it ? i need one
Old 04-12-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

This is a little late but the gauge does display MAP (manifold air pressure) in kPa and in inHg (vacuum). If you've added a blower you will need the 2 bar MAP kit to read boost (positive pressure) as the stock MAP will only read vacuum.

Todd
Old 04-13-2010, 09:36 PM
JK Newbie

has any one tried the Relay output module. I would love to have locker contol with out the switches just an idea
Old 04-14-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't tried it, but I would think it would be a pain to fumble through the menus looking for the locker. With a switch you can just reach down (or up) and hit it when you need it, and dis-engage it when you don't. After a while it becomes a no-look reflex.

JMHO.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

i was thinking of getting the gauge.. does anyone know if you can also clear codes with this ? if thats the case i would also get the gauge and sell my pro cal ..
Old 04-21-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i was thinking of getting the gauge.. does anyone know if you can also clear codes with this ? if thats the case i would also get the gauge and sell my pro cal ..
Yes it does. In fact, just cleared a code this morning.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Yes it does. In fact, just cleared a code this morning.
great ! anyone know the place with the best deal on these right now ? i checked the place you recommended ...but i didnt see them on the sight anymore ? thanks alote

Last edited by blockrockin; 04-21-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

i just bought one at marylandspeed.com for 219 shipped ... best deal i could find cant wait to get it .

Quick Reply: New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor