Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor

Old 01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The AeroForce gauge for the JK is now being shipped with the ability to :
Reset tire size
Reset gear ratio
Reset TPMS threshold
Set idle speed for winching, etc.

If you have an older gauge, you can send it in for a reflash to include these features for $26.
Sweet I will check in to this now
Old 01-11-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Todd was also talking about transfer case monitoring wonder what it is and if it made it in the final build, anyway received mine just need to find a POD and install this week end maybe
Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my aeroforce and cant figure out how to change the tire size. I can get to the control settings but I'm not sure exactly what unit of measure it is asking for for the tire size. I currently have the procal as well and have the tire size converted with it and it says like 2972 or something similar for "tire size" on the aeroforce.

Any ideas?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepnxj3
Just got my aeroforce and cant figure out how to change the tire size. I can get to the control settings but I'm not sure exactly what unit of measure it is asking for for the tire size. I currently have the procal as well and have the tire size converted with it and it says like 2972 or something similar for "tire size" on the aeroforce.

Any ideas?
Looks like circumference of the tire, in millimeters. If you are putting on 37" tires, the circumference would be 2952 - pretty close to your 2972 mentioned in your post.

Do you have the instructions that came with the gauge? No hints there?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like u may be right. I'll have to run the numbers when I get home.

Another problem I have is with the tire pressure. I have it set to zero and the light still come on. I no longer have the sensors in the wheels and hope that isn't the problem. My procal took care of it very easily. Hope the same can be do be with the guage.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Question for all of you who have this gauge, does this display manifold pressures?
Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Fathom
Question for all of you who have this gauge, does this display manifold pressures?
The web site says it reads MAP kPa – Manifold absolute pressure in kPa.

Seems like I remember psi, though. I'll go out and check.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The web site says it reads MAP kPa – Manifold absolute pressure in kPa.

Seems like I remember psi, though. I'll go out and check.
I was reading through their (the Aeroforce) forum and saw that you could change between the two scales. What I am really concerned about is does our OBDII's put that information through? You can buy an optional pressure transducer kit but it requires a seperate 5V power supply!???!! That is really what is stopping me from buying the gauge but if it does display an accurate manifold pressure I'm in!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Fathom
I was reading through their (the Aeroforce) forum and saw that you could change between the two scales. What I am really concerned about is does our OBDII's put that information through? You can buy an optional pressure transducer kit but it requires a seperate 5V power supply!???!! That is really what is stopping me from buying the gauge but if it does display an accurate manifold pressure I'm in!
I checked mine. It displayed MAP 35 KPa.

Can you post the link to the "how to", to change the scale?

Last edited by ronjenx; 01-25-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Not really a how to but this is the link to the Aeroforce forum thread about MAP kPa MOUSE.... oops

(here's the link)
ht tp://aeroforcetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1152

Almost sounds like they had another parameter available for MAP. They were discussing a Gran Prix. Check the last post in the thread.

This is what is driving me crazy about the Aeroforce and the PLX multigauge. They display a lot of useless stuff from the OBDII and it seems to be real difficult to nail them down as to all parameters they do display, AND they are a wee bit expensive. I need manifold vacumn and pressure under boost and it looks like I would have to buy their mechanical transducer kit and a 5v power supply to get what I want. I can get a pretty good gauge for Vacumn/Boost for the cost of the transducer alone. (don't get me wrong the coolness factor of the Aeroforce makes me want one )

Quick Reply: New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor