Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor

Old 08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool! Will add this to my mile long list!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadme
wow i really wanted one of these with the duel setup until i saw the insane price for just one 400$ dam that's a lot of loot for a gauge.

THAT is what I thought tooooooooooo UNTIL....well, until you start adding up costs: I had *hoped* or planned to get a trans temp gauge a true water gauge, an oil pressure gauge, oil temp gauge.......

Go online about anywhere that sells gauges: even the *Cheap* ones START at about $40 a piece.....the better made & better brands all usually start above $60 a piece-> All this WITHOUT fittings...without sensors *in most cases* NO pods to mount them in-- so even at $10 a whack that too will add up. I actually (first) went out and bought another whole trans pan in the hopes of doing the sensor in there (There's a write up somewhere here) but every shop I talked to wanted a minimum 1/2 shop time of $50

So start adding it up: a simple 4 gauges at $60 is $240............. add in the pods... add in the sensors....add in the shop time////or////your own time's worth/value.

The single gauge I first bought was about 2 bills and gives me what....about 20 readings....but NOT the trans temp-- and does NOT have the ESP disbale ability (See my post above----- the sequence dont work for me from Jeep)

But for around $450+ I've got some 'doubles' in what the Scan Gauge II and the Aero read----- BUTTTTTTTTTT .... but the Scan Gauge II gives FOUR (4 reads) concurrently and the AERO (Single) does TWO.

So SIX gauges and didn't even have to pop the hood or crawl under the jeep: just a $12 OBII cable splitter and plugged 'em in.

To me at least-- THAT IS soooooooooooooooooo worth it beyond compare to picking matching gauges from different manufacturers to get precisely the gauges I had previously wanted----- besides--- WHERE THE HELL WOULD YOU MOUNT 6 Full size gauges in the new JK's????????? I have a set up in my Non-Jeep truck on an overhead bar...... but I truly wanted a Clean look for the JK....so two gauges- 6 readings... Yep: I was SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by deconstructionist; 08-28-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok got picks,

Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eurojk
Ok got picks,

Oh oh ohhhhhh! NOW I get whatcha meant! Thought you put them IN the vents Teach me to read better!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Na need my hot air in the Winter.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eurojk
Na need my hot air in the Winter.

Thats what I was thinking! But forgot to say in my last post-- Looks good!
Old 11-28-2008, 02:31 PM
JK Super Freak

OK, I have a question. I'm more concerned about oil pressure and voltage. The voltage is no problem, but how were the oil pressure and temp sensors installed?
Old 11-30-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Default oil temp and pressure

you use an oil filter sandwich adapter 3/4 inch threads andc aeroforce senders very easy to do
Old 11-30-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome mod. I am getting one of these. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered one yesterday! Can't wait to get it..

Now I just need to find a gauge pod, or another means of mounting it...

suggestions?

Quick Reply: New OBD2 gauge installed - Aeroforce Interceptor