Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Mopar Kicker speakers installed

Old 03-27-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have the part number for the Nitro amp. Or the best place to purchase one.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramphog
Installed just now... Minimum gain at best.... this wasnt worth it.......
Originally Posted by burnout88
... I honestly can't see how you did not have a vast improvement ...
I agree with Burnout. And I only did the front speakers. I think if you have the base RES radio (no subwoofer), this is a huge improvement. The more I listen to my radio, the more I realize how terrible the stock speakers were. The improvement wasn't so much in volume as in fidelity (which is why I believe doing the rear speakers on a base RES is a waste of money). Now, my feet feel the bass through the pedals. That never happened before. LOL.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 03-27-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

does any one have a write up on this? Also a link to buy them?

Im skeptical, because of the cheap price.

Is the sound better or are they also louder? my main concern is i can barely hear my stereo now with the top down. I have the base x speakers now
Old 04-16-2010, 01:54 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven4est
does any one have a write up on this? Also a link to buy them? Im skeptical, because of the cheap price. Is the sound better or are they also louder? my main concern is i can barely hear my stereo now with the top down. I have the base x speakers now
I know that the thread has gotten lengthy, but the answers to your questions are buried in it. Write-up: I don't think so. But, the written instructions that come with them work fine. Replacing the fronts is a pain in the butt--read and follow the instructions to make it as easy as possible. There have been several links here for them. I bought mine from allusamotorsports.com when they were on sale. I just replaced the front set and the difference has been quite dramatic. The stock rear speakers, if you have a base RES system like I do, are pathetic. But, that's not because of just the speakers. It's because Mopar suppresses the volume to the rear speakers. Therefore, no speaker change is going to fix that. I just enjoy the much improved sound up front. I wouldn't describe these as louder--at least not significantly so. But, the improvement in fidelity is dramatic. And there is lot of improvement in the bass and in the high notes, which may result in improvement in hearing of your music.

My summary: These are the speakers that the base radio should have come from the factory with. It's pretty much what we expect in new vehicles these days; not the pathetic excuse for sound that we actually got.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

so replacing all 4 speakers wont really do much to make it louder? Does any one know how louder volume that is clear can be acheived, would the deck help with this at all?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

just pulled the trigger on these, hope they are worth it...............has any one installed a subwoofer with these? Im hoping to send my lows to the sub and highs/mids to the kickers and that should make it pretty loud and good quality.

Any one recomend a sub/amp combo they have or a powered sub?

Also how easy is wiring up the sub
Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

i installedjust the sound bar and i can already tell the difference. There clearer, louder and a great buy. Im installing the fronts tonight. I think adding a 10 inch sub wouldnt hurt as well as a new deck, but for now just these speakers are fine. Has any one installed the super tweeters from quadratec with this setup???
Old 05-09-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tp954rr
Does anybody have the part number for the Nitro amp. Or the best place to purchase one.

Good question................Anyone?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just replaced all 4 yesterday and its a huge difference over the stock! The passenger side was a whooooar to do but well worth it.

Now to replace the head unit which will improve the sound even more.

Thanks to burnout88 for starting this thread!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burnout88
I did not think it was that bad. Sound bar is a super easy. Regarding the front drivers side I just used a little racheting bit handle from sears for the front screws and had no issues. Took me about 40 minutes.
I agree, do the drivers side front first to get it out of the way. It's the most difficult. To do the passenger side front, it is just as easy to pop out the whole speaker holder, replace the speaker with the new one, then pop the speaker holder back in. Like in this pic:

Like everyone else has said, they sound great!

Chris

Quick Reply: New Mopar Kicker speakers installed