Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Mopar Kicker speakers installed

Old 02-14-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered these a few weeks ago (mopar upgrades, not the quadratec marine speakers). I installed them on Friday night and man what a difference over the factory speakers. The low end is a ton better and the highs are much crisper all around. For $150 shipped you really can't go wrong if you want a much better sounding set of speakers.

The soundbar installation was cake but the front was a bit more effort. I found the easiest way to change the front speakers was to loosen up the dash panels and completely remove the speaker mounting boxes, remove the crappy factory speakers, install the kickers (they are plug and play), remount the speaker box back under the dash and put everything back together. On the driver's side you will bend the dash panel back a good way but it is very pliable (just make sure you remove the retaining screws). I tried to bend as little as possible to remove & install the speaker box.

Once it is all back together you can't even tell they are there until you turn on the jeep. Great upgrade, great value to cost ratio. I highly recommend!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

I had the OEM infinitys....I have Kenwood DNX 6140 H/U....as I stated they do sound better, but, not OH MY GOD better. Just my opinion. And they are not for sale...sorry...don't have the time to remove.

Last edited by patmad; 02-14-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you know if you have the infinity speakers? I have the Mygig Nav system in my 08 rubi and there is a clearly identified infinity sub in the cargo area but I don't know about the speakers in the dash and soundbar...
Old 02-15-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

This upgrade is only really good for people with the base speakers. The Guys with the Infinity system will might not even sound better with these.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

How would these Kicker speakers be along with Supertweeters? Would the supertweeters be overkill for the highs or would it work nicely with these?

And what is the difference between these ---> http://www.quadratec.com/products/14133_202.htm
and, these???? ---> http://www.quadratec.com/products/14136_9001.htm
(aside from price?)

Last edited by joneszj; 02-15-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look you can find them for a lil less.

I plan on putting them in the front.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Yea, I found em for $60 a pair, but I was just wondering if there was a difference between the 2 links I posted....
Old 02-17-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joneszj
How would these Kicker speakers be along with Supertweeters? Would the supertweeters be overkill for the highs or would it work nicely with these?

And what is the difference between these ---> http://www.quadratec.com/products/14133_202.htm
and, these???? ---> http://www.quadratec.com/products/14136_9001.htm
(aside from price?)
I may be wrong, but I don't think there is any difference except for the higher priced ones say it's a "speaker kit" rather than just the speakers. The kit comes with speaker grills and powder coated adapter plates. Oh, and they have that yellow ring on the speaker and detailed instructions.

It would be nice to get a response from a Quadratec rep or someone that bought them. But the OP of this thread stated that the lesser priced ones are the ones that sound a lot better. Why go overkill and get the more expensive ones. I'm trusting the OP and buying the 77kick10's.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by patmad
I had the OEM infinitys....I have Kenwood DNX 6140 H/U....as I stated they do sound better, but, not OH MY GOD better. Just my opinion. And they are not for sale...sorry...don't have the time to remove.
Well, this completely changes everything. The OP said that he had the base system with the base speakers. You had a better head unit and better speakers, so it's obvious that you wouldn't get the major improvement that the OP, or anyone else with a base system would get.

You can't really say that they aren't "OH MY GOD" better unless you are improving on the base system.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Lui
JK Enthusiast

Installed these to replace my base speakers using the base single disk radio. sounded better but I wasn't too impressed. Alpine 6.5's are way better In my opnion, but not sure if they'd fit.

Quick Reply: New Mopar Kicker speakers installed