Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Mopar Kicker speakers installed

Old 12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone gotten rid of the infiniti upgrade speakers and installed the Kicker ones??? I want to know if they still noticed sucha huge difference, I am considering doing it
Old 12-20-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took these kicker speakers out to return everything to stock and man, night and day over the stock speakers. These little guys produce great bass/mids/highs and I don't even have an amped system just the single mp3 RES.

Definitely recommend.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jknit
Has anyone gotten rid of the infiniti upgrade speakers and installed the Kicker ones??? I want to know if they still noticed sucha huge difference, I am considering doing it
Yes, I started with the Infinity system. Ended up replacing everything...speakers, sub, amplifier, HU. The Kickers are a Great upgrade...not just louder, but clearer. I upgraded further with components, first Kickers, then Alpines, which sound better but cost a lot more. Basically, the Kickers are good bang for the buck. I read a lot of people saying they like the Infinity system. I think it sucks.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

I agree, the infinity system sucks bad.... I'm going to upgrade everything except the HU since it is the 730N, not crazy about it either but its probably the best component in the whole package.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
Yes, I started with the Infinity system. Ended up replacing everything...speakers, sub, amplifier, HU. The Kickers are a Great upgrade...not just louder, but clearer. I upgraded further with components, first Kickers, then Alpines, which sound better but cost a lot more. Basically, the Kickers are good bang for the buck. I read a lot of people saying they like the Infinity system. I think it sucks.
what alpines do you have?
Old 12-21-2011, 02:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jknit
what alpines do you have?
Spr-60c components. Powered through a small Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 punch amp (fits into stock location under steering wheel).
Old 01-08-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

So going to get these... and put all of the helpful tips this thread has provided to use. Still wish someone could have answered the Nitro amp question. Also wish there was a way to elimate the power drop to the soundbar speakers without going aftermarket. I have the non-Infitiy and no amp/sub. Have an aftermarket amp and sub, but with a soft-top Jeep, they wouldn't last long. Such a shame that low-lifes can prevent one from utilizing nice equipment for fear of losing them through a five-finger discount incident.

One question... do all JKs come with the necessary harnesses to install the factory amp and sub, or do the harnesses need to be purchased and added in?

Old 01-16-2012, 03:39 AM
JK Newbie

Installed the Kicker speakers in the soundbar, but I cant get the OEM speaker grilles to go back on properly.....any tips?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

Try rotating the grills
Old 06-13-2013, 10:32 AM
cdl
JK Newbie

Guys,

I have a 2013 JKUR with the 730N system. I would like to upgrade my door speakers and the sound bar speakers with the Kicker's. Can someone who has done the upgrade let me know if it was "Plug and play"? And how much were the speakers, not the sub or new amp?

Thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: New Mopar Kicker speakers installed