Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Mopar Kicker speakers installed

Old 03-12-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kickers arrived. Installation will happen....now!

Thanks for tips on this thread.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MCwired
Kickers arrived. Installation will happen....now!

Thanks for tips on this thread.

Any chance you could throw a multimeter across the speaker connections on your new kickers? I'm curious if they are 2 or 4 Ohms
Old 03-12-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
Any chance you could throw a multimeter across the speaker connections on your new kickers? I'm curious if they are 2 or 4 Ohms
They are 4 Ohms.

Did the install and what a difference over stock. Money well spent.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really? I guess it shouldn't , but that surprises me. The factory speakers are 2 ohms. Replacing them with 4 ohm speakers would essentially halve the power to the speakers. Makes me wonder how good things would get if you actually used a good aftermarket 2 ohm speaker versus the factory 2 ohm speaker and/or the 4 ohm Mopar Kickers.

I think I might go pick up a set of 2 ohm Infinity Kappa's and see what happens. Thanks for measuring them for me. I had been wondering about it for a few weeks
Old 03-18-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Alright you guys talked me into it. I ordered all four and they should be waiting at my door when i get home. I already used half a roll of peal and seal in the roll bar (pain in the butt) and jammed it with polly fill, i plan on doing the same for the front speaker pods as well. Hope it sounds good.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jk47
Alright you guys talked me into it. I ordered all four and they should be waiting at my door when i get home. I already used half a roll of peal and seal in the roll bar (pain in the butt) and jammed it with polly fill, i plan on doing the same for the front speaker pods as well. Hope it sounds good.
Have fun with the drivers side front!!! JK just be patient.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed all 4 kickers last year and I just stuffed my sound bar with poly fill. Can't say the poly improved the sound but it did stop the vibrations at high volume. Major sound system upgrade coming in May. New head unit (still researching options) and a class D bazooka tube.

The kickers can easily handle all the non infinity head unit can put out with little distortion. Can't wait to get rid of that crappy radio.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ConroeJK
Installed all 4 kickers last year and I just stuffed my sound bar with poly fill. Can't say the poly improved the sound but it did stop the vibrations at high volume. Major sound system upgrade coming in May. New head unit (still researching options) and a class D bazooka tube.

The kickers can easily handle all the non infinity head unit can put out with little distortion. Can't wait to get rid of that crappy radio.
glad the kickers sounded better. I ordered some infinity reference 6032 for the sound bar ( 2ohm ) I hope they improve the sound bar.. Also, adding a sub to inifinity soon to...
Old 03-19-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

You guys have convinced me to replace my crap stock speakers.

Just ordered 2 pairs for $143.39
Old 03-20-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
Really? I guess it shouldn't , but that surprises me. The factory speakers are 2 ohms. Replacing them with 4 ohm speakers would essentially halve the power to the speakers. Makes me wonder how good things would get if you actually used a good aftermarket 2 ohm speaker versus the factory 2 ohm speaker and/or the 4 ohm Mopar Kickers.

I think I might go pick up a set of 2 ohm Infinity Kappa's and see what happens. Thanks for measuring them for me. I had been wondering about it for a few weeks
I just measured the factory speakers I removed from my 2011 Wrangler and they are 4 ohms.

Quick Reply: New Mopar Kicker speakers installed