Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New LED lights by ARB

Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's retarded expensive for one light. Both those and the rigid can both suck it compared to my home brew lights in both price AND light output.

Short video of 1 light. This one light is doing 9k lumen output.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBaJj...e_gdata_player

I only show this because there really is not much money tied up in it and what some of these places are charging is criminal. Its not that freakin hard.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

On my way to sell my kidney!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-04-2012, 11:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
That's retarded expensive for one light. Both those and the rigid can both suck it compared to my home brew lights in both price AND light output.

Short video of 1 light. This one light is doing 9k lumen output.

XML - YouTube

I only show this because there really is not much money tied up in it and what some of these places are charging is criminal. Its not that freakin hard.
I'm NOT defending the ARB price - I think it's on the high side even for what it is, and I'm not going to buy their Intensity lights.

However, 'God is in the little details'...
What you made is very different.
The ARB is milled out of a solid block of Aluminium, can be submerged in water and meets some Mil specs, among other things.
It is about as tough & heavy duty as it could possibly be, for rough offroading.
If you tried to develop and make a similar overall quality light, it would have cost you more than the ARB price tag.

There're always buyers for top-priced accessories.
I think that LED headlights or full-width LED light bars are quite overpriced and expensive, but many of them are installed in Jeeps.

ARB aside, that's a nice light you made!
Would you please show the back side ?

Last edited by GJeep; 11-05-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ARB= Ass Raping Bitches

Gotta love their products though
Old 11-05-2012, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GJeep
I'm NOT defending the ARB price - I think it's on the high side even for what it is, and I'm not going to buy their Intensity lights.

However, 'God is in the little details'...
What you made is very different.
The ARB is milled out of a solid block of Aluminium, can be submerged in water and meets some Mil specs, among other things.
It is about as tough & heavy duty as it could possibly be, for rough offroading.
If you tried to develop and make a similar overall quality light, it would have cost you more than the ARB price tag.

There're always buyers for top-priced accessories.
I think that LED headlights or full-width LED light bars are quite overpriced and expensive, but many of them are installed in Jeeps.

ARB aside, that's a nice light you made!
Would you please show the back side ?
The lights I made these out of are just a pair of KC slim lights. I gutted them, took some careful dimensions, and machined a heat sink out of aluminum to fit inside of it and hold everything. My next design is almost exactly like the arb lights with how the housing and the heatsink is one solid piece with the lexan window bolting onto the front with an o-ring seal, hi and low modes, heat protection, etc..... I will still be in it about 1/3 the cost of one of those.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

KC has a H.I.D. light called "KC PODS" $1500PER PAIR! REDICULOUS! The best part is the show the lights on a bone stock Toyota 4runner! Who in their right mind is gonna put a $1500 fog lights set on a stock suv?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is way too much for a pair of lights! for $ 1,500 I would much rather buy the 50" bar.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
KC has a H.I.D. light called "KC PODS" $1500PER PAIR! REDICULOUS! The best part is the show the lights on a bone stock Toyota 4runner! Who in their right mind is gonna put a $1500 fog lights set on a stock suv?
People who need to see in the night. Cost no object I would pay for good lighting if I had to but my setup destroys most every led light available so I'm good.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rule18
...and just like that, my Rigid lights became more reasonably priced. . .
And my lights are almost free!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
People who need to see in the night. Cost no object I would pay for good lighting if I had to but my setup destroys most every led light available so I'm good.
Do share.....

Quick Reply: New LED lights by ARB