Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New LED fog light replacement bulbs

Old 09-30-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New LED fog light replacement bulbs

A friend of mine called me this weekend because he had some new LED replacement bulbs for me to try out. I must admit that I don't know much about them and really wasn't in the market for new bulbs, but he gave me a pair to try. They fit in the stock fog lights and plugged right into the stock wiring harness. These bulbs are considerably brighter and more white looking that the incandescent OEM bulbs and they look pretty cool. I asked him how much and he said they are not available here in the states yet but he is thinking of importing them. They are made in South Korea and look to be very high quality, have no flicker and do not cause the Canbus to register an error code. Would something like this be a viable product and should I be asking him for some Headlight replacement bulbs too. My headlights are very dim in comparison.

Just looking for some opinions of what these are worth and are they even a viable product?

Click image for larger version

Name:	LED.jpg
Views:	894
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	501462
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4323.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	501458Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4325.jpg
Views:	796
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	501459

Thanks
Matt
Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would like to get a set! Any info?

Sent from my free Obama iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 09-30-2013, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's really cool. I would like to see a price and some more testing on other applications.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a buyer at $80 or less.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He wasn't sure what he will be selling them at and I think he's trying to get a firm quote on cost to him. He has been assured that they are not available at all here in the states. This company makes OEM bulbs for several major auto manufacturers, just not Jeep or Chrysler and are not in the aftermarket business here.

Are there other LED replacement bulbs that are comparable? He was planning on targeting the "rice burner" and German performance market but I told him Jeep guys like to modify their vehicles so he is trying to decide.

If they are worth it, I will have him make them available here.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2013, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

I would be interested depending on price. Maybe a group buy?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mattk11
Are there other LED replacement bulbs that are comparable? He was planning on targeting the "rice burner" and German performance market but I told him Jeep guys like to modify their vehicles so he is trying to decide.

If they are worth it, I will have him make them available here.

Thanks
I haven't seen a simple replacement bulb unit like that one, especially for the 2011+ with the goofy bulb.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:15 PM
JK Newbie

My wifes Town & Country needed a new fog light bulb...looked around everywhere for one but could not find one. Funky looking bulb/connector. Found some L.E.D. ones on E-bay and it turns out the JK uses the same bulb so I ordered 2 pair. Should get them Wednesday. I'll take pics and see if they are comparable to the ones your buddy has. There were around $22 a pair if I remember correctly.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoelJr78
My wifes Town & Country needed a new fog light bulb...looked around everywhere for one but could not find one. Funky looking bulb/connector. Found some L.E.D. ones on E-bay and it turns out the JK uses the same bulb so I ordered 2 pair. Should get them Wednesday. I'll take pics and see if they are comparable to the ones your buddy has. There were around $22 a pair if I remember correctly.
Yeah, please get some pics of the bulbs themselves, and photos of the light once installed. And, if you don't mind, a link to the seller. Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: New LED fog light replacement bulbs