Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New LED Dome Lights Blinking

Old 12-25-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just popped in new led dome lights that I got from Northridge and they continuously blink. Both sets blink so I don't think it's a bad bulb. Am I missing something here? Should just pop out the old and put the LEDs in correct? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by matprovo; 12-25-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Someone has to have an idea about this???
Old 12-25-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Try flipping the bulbs around. Usually leds don't work at all if u put them in backwards but it's worth a try. If not I'd get my money back and get them off eBay where u can buy 20 bulbs for like 5 bucks. Just search led replacement bulbs and they all come up

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 12-25-2013, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Try flipping the bulbs around. Usually leds don't work at all if u put them in backwards but it's worth a try. If not I'd get my money back and get them off eBay where u can buy 20 bulbs for like 5 bucks. Just search led replacement bulbs and they all come up Sent from my obama monitoring device
Thanks. I'll give it a shot and see. If not I'll give Northridge a call tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by matprovo
Thanks. I'll give it a shot and see. If not I'll give Northridge a call tomorrow.
Quite welcome! Cuz I've never heard of domes flickering like that. I got other EXTERIOR bulbs that needed resistors so they didn't flicker but def not my domes

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 12-26-2013, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

That didn't work. It's really weird. When you manually turn lights on they blink. But when activate lights by either opening door or unlocking with remote they stay on with out blinking.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by matprovo
That didn't work. It's really weird. When you manually turn lights on they blink. But when activate lights by either opening door or unlocking with remote they stay on with out blinking.
I have a similiar issue with my LED dome lights when i try to manually turn them on, they dont blink but are extremely dim and only work when opening the door or unlocking with a remote. Never had this issue with the stock dome lights, seems to be something with the LEDs
Old 12-27-2013, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Croce
I have a similiar issue with my LED dome lights when i try to manually turn them on, they dont blink but are extremely dim and only work when opening the door or unlocking with a remote. Never had this issue with the stock dome lights, seems to be something with the LEDs
Ordered the same ones from northridge for my 13. My map lights stay on which Dave said they would (I used electrical tape and taped them). My rear dome light burned out after two days, not happy about it!
Old 12-27-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

It probably has something to do with the dimmer on the circuit.. LEDs need to be dimmed differently than regular bulbs what your seeing is prob a result of the dimmer not having enough load kind of how you can't do a direct swap on turn signals because they require the load to trigger the flash.., throw in a resistor and your should be fine.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
Ordered the same ones from northridge for my 13. My map lights stay on which Dave said they would (I used electrical tape and taped them). My rear dome light burned out after two days, not happy about it!
The map light stays on? That's crap. I'll call Northridge next week after the holidays and see what's going on.

Quick Reply: New LED Dome Lights Blinking