Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New KC Slimlites not working

Old 06-30-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New KC Slimlites not working

I installed some new KC Slimlites today. Everything went well except only one of the two lites illuminates. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pjwing
I installed some new KC Slimlites today. Everything went well except only one of the two lites illuminates. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Sounds like the switch and the relay are working. So it has to be in the circuit to that particular light. Check the connections at the relay and the light.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure about the slimlites but with my daylighters both connections are like splicers and the lights have a little metal plug you push in. If its the same maybe the splicer for the second light didn't go through the wire all the way or the plug wasn't pushed in all the way. Just some ideas. Good luck
Old 06-30-2011, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like they said check those blue clip splicer thingys but also check your grounds or try an alternate location.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dizk
Not sure about the slimlites but with my daylighters both connections are like splicers and the lights have a little metal plug you push in. If its the same maybe the splicer for the second light didn't go through the wire all the way or the plug wasn't pushed in all the way. Just some ideas. Good luck
Originally Posted by HeyBob
Like they said check those blue clip splicer thingys but also check your grounds or try an alternate location.
Are you guys actualy using those things? Those should be labeled "For Shipping Only". As soon as you pull them out of the box, your suposed to cut them off and throw them away.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyBob
You mean the vampire (tap) splicers? Those suck. No pun intended.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
You mean the vampire (tap) splicers? Those suck. No pun intended.
Na. I think that they are talking about the male and female bullet connectors that are installed on the fixtures from the factory.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Much appreciated. First I'll check the fuse for that light, then I'll remove the "plugs" and splice the wires if needed.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Starting with the basics, did you connect the non-working light to the working light's wiring ? At least you then know if the non-working light is at fault or not.

If it now works, then you know the problem is in the wiring so look for a bad connection, bad ground, bad fuse, bad relay, etc.

Last edited by westchester; 07-01-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK-Ford

Na. I think that they are talking about the male and female bullet connectors that are installed on the fixtures from the factory.
The two connectors coming off each light?

Quick Reply: New KC Slimlites not working