Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New head unit. Questions

Old 11-19-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New head unit. Questions

I just purchased a new head unit for our 08 JK Sahara. The stock unit's touchscreen functions are no longer working and the screen is peeling which is why we purchased a new one. We purchased a Kenwood kdc-bt648u, a metra dash kit, antenna adapter, and the dreaded PAC c2r-chy4 , so we could keep the factory amp(this jk has the infinity sound system). Since this new head unit does not have navigation do I still need to wire up and connect the wires for the parking brake, vss output,illumination output, and reverse output, or since there is no navigation do not hook them up.

Also I've read that the fader controls on the aftermarket head unit will no longer work. The directions state to hook up the front outputs of the new radio to the rear Inputs of the PAC. If that is the case, with the fader setting on the new radio set to the rear I should still get sound to the front speakers right?

Another suggestions or input regarding this install specifically this PAC harness would be appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: New head unit. Questions