Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Antenna help

Old 12-27-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Antenna help

Yes, I did a search and still have some questions about what my best option is for a new antenna for my '12 JKU. I read about the stubbie antennas and read a few negative opinions so i thought I would ask what other choices I have.

The stock antenna is fine, but is about 2 inches to long and it hitting some pipes in the garage. I would prefer something shorter that would screw right into the existing mount.

Let me know what antennas I should be considering.

Thanks,

SS
Old 12-27-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the ball, cut the stock, put the ball back on and done? (Some gorilla glue may be required for installation of the ball?)
Old 12-28-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I used some loctite to secure the ball. Hopefully the reception is still good.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

I am using one from AntennaX and it has been better than stock (read: clearer signal / less static).

In the past, I have cut the stock one... it can degrade the signal, depending on how much you cut off.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer
I am using one from AntennaX and it has been better than stock (read: clearer signal / less static).

In the past, I have cut the stock one... it can degrade the signal, depending on how much you cut off.
I received my new one from antennaX the stubby and sadly it was worse then stock for sure and slightly worse then when I cut 6" off my stock...... I'd gladly trade it for somebody's stock antenna
Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

I just ordered the rubber stubby from atennax , hopefuly it will work for me !!! If it doesnt ill let my jeep family know !!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WESTHAMIRONS
I just ordered the rubber stubby from atennax , hopefuly it will work for me !!! If it doesnt ill let my jeep family know !!!!
i just ordered my rubber stubby today, got my fingers crossed. but for $15.00 and free shipping who can complain if it doesnt work!?!? if it doesnt i'll throw it on the wifes commander
Old 12-29-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I received my new one from antennaX the stubby and sadly it was worse then stock for sure and slightly worse then when I cut 6" off my stock...... I'd gladly trade it for somebody's stock antenna
I'm sorry to hear that. I am impressed with mine, especially for the cost.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer

I'm sorry to hear that. I am impressed with mine, especially for the cost.
Oh well only $15...... it looks good!!! lol
But it's a local radio station I really like to listen to that's been affected so I'll probably trade it locally to someone who wants a stubby.... and doesn't listen to this station.... cause most of the other stations come in fine.

Last edited by robsjeep9; 12-29-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Quick Reply: New Antenna help