Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Needs new battery

Old 10-19-2016, 10:44 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
the OP never stated anything about his battery requirements. How much does this dual odyssey set up cost? If the OP just needs a battery for typical use, is it worth the cost premium compared to a $120 battery from Walmart? Probably a low percentage of users that require anything more substantial than a standard battery.

He would be fine with a single odyssey but looking at the avatar of his rig, why settle for anything less? He mentioned the Diehard which he likes but can't get so it sounds like he wants something he can depend on. You can't put a price on piece of mind.

Dual batteries for me because "2 is 1 and 1 is none" and mostly because it's bad-ass lol. Been stranded once (in a hotel parking lot in suburbia out of all places) because of a dead stock battery. Never again short of an EMP blast......which is likely if Hitlary gets elected.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
the OP never stated anything about his battery requirements. How much does this dual odyssey set up cost? If the OP just needs a battery for typical use, is it worth the cost premium compared to a $120 battery from Walmart? Probably a low percentage of users that require anything more substantial than a standard battery.
Requirements are starting during cold Canadian winters, winch and led lights. Not much more then that.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by tnt008
Requirements are starting during cold Canadian winters, winch and led lights. Not much more then that.
ok. Cold Canadian winters and use of a winch are enough for me to agree a stronger than normal battery is a good move.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just replaced the stock with a battery from Walmart. Works fine. Nothing special about my setup.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm... New England person (cold starts) interested in the same. Used to like the Optima Red Top, but my last few have been disappointing.

Quick Reply: Needs new battery