Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need suggestions and advice on wiring lights

Old 12-25-2011, 09:47 AM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need suggestions and advice on wiring lights

I have six of these (with surface mount flanges) that I bought new a while back. http://www.whelen.com/install/135/13584.pdf

They have not yet been installed and I'd like your input on where I should place them for lighting. The lighting I want is a couple for additional reverse lighting and then some for underneath lighting in case I get caught in the mountains after dark.

These are very bright LEDs. They actually are capable of different colors, but I want them to hold in clear only.

I have Teraflex bumpers that are heavy steel and angled, but I don't really want to attach them to the bumper. Any thoughts on where to place the reverse lighting as well as the under-body lighting?

Once I figure that part out I'll need to figure out how to hook up power, grounding and switching for them. These are rated as weatherproof and have rubber grommet flanges so the weather shouldn't matter at all.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Last edited by HBC; 12-25-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Jedi

I don't have an after market bumper yet, or I would have just installed my LF 240 Blitz on my bumper. But seeing that you don't want to do that I went with these... http://www.quadratec.com/products/12110_201.htm They work pretty good and not much vibration unless I'm on a real bumpy road, and even then it's still not that bad. Then you may want to put a couple of your lights up on the windshield. It's up to you of course, but I sure wouldn't put nice lights like that under your rig. I would get something a bit cheaper that would work for rock lights.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:03 PM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

Quick Reply: Need suggestions and advice on wiring lights