Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need a new jk computer and don't want to deal with the stealership?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new jk computer and don't want to deal with the stealership?

I decided to post this thread for anyone having ecm/pcm/computer problems. My jk's computer would randomly take control of my vehicle. Symptoms: jeep would not start, alarm system would start uncontrollably, jeep would randomly lose power and not accelerate, windsheild wipers would turn uncontrallably, and the engine/lights/wipers would not turn off even when removing the key and unpluging the battery. I went to the dealer and they had no idea what the problem was. After research I determined it was a faulty pcm/computer module. I went back to the dealer ( 350 for computer 150 for labor ) not happening. Labor is so high because once a new computer is installed you have to program it with a certain tool.

Solution: jeepautocomputers.com

go to the site, give them your vin#/ jeeps specs, they send you a reman/pre-programed computer. They send a prepaid box with your order, send your old computer to them. Got mine for 220 with a 1 year warranty. Problem solved and hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip! It sucks when HAL takes over...

Quick Reply: Need a new jk computer and don't want to deal with the stealership?