Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need Ideas for Rear Mounted Lights...

Old 03-10-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Ideas for Rear Mounted Lights...

Well, I have searched the Forum and I may have missed a specific thread for this, but found some pictures here and there that looked pretty good. Anyways, I'm looking to hook-up some rear facing lights to run off a switch, not the reverse lights. I want to have the option to use these for hooking up my trailer, work light, etc. I have a softtop only and a RR XHD rear bumper without the tire carrier. Please post some pics of what you have done for extra lighting behind your rig. Thanks!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Orangeav
Well, I have searched the Forum and I may have missed a specific thread for this, but found some pictures here and there that looked pretty good. Anyways, I'm looking to hook-up some rear facing lights to run off a switch, not the reverse lights. I want to have the option to use these for hooking up my trailer, work light, etc. I have a softtop only and a RR XHD rear bumper without the tire carrier. Please post some pics of what you have done for extra lighting behind your rig. Thanks!!!
You should consider having both manual control. And automatic control ( reverse light circuit). It's not realy that much harder.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

JK-Ford, that is the initial spot I'm considering for lights. I will consider wiring them to the reverse lights, but with the 6-speed, I definitely want to be able to turn them on with a switch.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Orangeav
JK-Ford, that is the initial spot I'm considering for lights. I will consider wiring them to the reverse lights, but with the 6-speed, I definitely want to be able to turn them on with a switch.
I have to say that this is one of the best mods I've done so far. I realy like the extra light when in reverse. And I use the manual switch for the same reasons that you talked about.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

I'm planning on a rear bumper with cutouts for rear lights. I have tinted front windows at about 20% tint and have to roll them down to back up. It is friggin impossible to see when backing up. This ought to help with that.
And, when some jerk is tailgating me, he'll get a flash from the manual light switch.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AptPupil
I'm planning on a rear bumper with cutouts for rear lights. I have tinted front windows at about 20% tint and have to roll them down to back up. It is friggin impossible to see when backing up. This ought to help with that.
And, when some jerk is tailgating me, he'll get a flash from the manual light switch.
Did you notice the "Limo" tint?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AptPupil
Same here. I have 15% that meters to 20% and I will be getting the lod rear for reverse lights
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Any more set-ups out there?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I like it but the only problem would be hitting the trails i would rip those off the first time i went over some rocks...

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
You should consider having both manual control. And automatic control ( reverse light circuit). It's not realy that much harder.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I am going to throw some of the DDM LED Lights on my tire carrier 1350 lumens each!!!

Quick Reply: Need Ideas for Rear Mounted Lights...