Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need help with wiring on the electronic sway bar.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with wiring on the electronic sway bar.

Hi everyone (newbie here)

My 2007 JK Rubicon has been great without any major issues to speak of, I'm out of my warranty now and of course something recently went wrong.

I have used my electronic sway bar three times since owning the vehicle and was surprised the other day when I started my Rubicon and saw the sway bar light flashing on the dash. Of course I started to take things apart and discovered water inside the electrical connection (and the smell of burnt electrical.) Here's what I know from my research 1) This seems to be a major issue for many, and it involves a poor design with the connection between the circuit board and the wiring harness 2) There is the option of replacing the entire unit with a new one (which many people have done under warranty.

My question is : Has anyone discovered a way to rewire the unit while retaining the stock switch, I would rather keep things as stock as possible although many have made a case for i.e. non-electric sway bars.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DukeJK
My question is : Has anyone discovered a way to rewire the unit while retaining the stock switch, I would rather keep things as stock as possible although many have made a case for i.e. non-electric sway bars.
This should help!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...martbar)-Study.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rumor has it that one of the forums sponsors has a solution for the e-disco problems and will be offering an air actuated system at some point. Not sure about restoring everything to the stock electrical design. I think it's flawed and domed to fail over time or sooner if you live in areas that get a lot of rain and mud. So far so good for ours but we're at 30K now so who knows how much longer that'll be the case...
Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks JK-Ford I have seen that thread befeore, its a great write up, sm_rubi I will keep my eyes open - If I knew before what an issue this was I would have pulled the connection apart, covered the connections in de-electric greese and put some sort of rubber boot over the wiring harness!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default oh yes, CALL CHRYSLER!!

Mine actually shorted the entire can bus system and shut the jeep down, would not start. Tow to chrysler and 2000 miles over warranty so !@$% out of luck. system itself not servicable. Contacted Chrysler and they say hasn't been an issue. Bull! People need to file a complaint with Chrysler corporate and if enough do, they will have to do a recall and that $2000 repair won't be an issue. This is an engineering screwup of biblical proportions and everybody is going to get hit with it sooner or later. Don't just suck it up when it happens to you.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Bump........

Quick Reply: Need help with wiring on the electronic sway bar.