Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need help w/ underseat MattK Sub

Old 06-02-2016, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/ underseat MattK Sub

Hey all you Mattk underseat sub owners. I have a bit of a problem I need help with. I bought a pair of Matt's sub boxes. For starters, the quality of these was awesome. I've built fiberglass underseat boxes before and there is no way I would try to build these for what Matt charges. Money well spent. Now on to my issue...

The passenger side seat in my 2007 JKU has the load cells between the seat slide rail and the floor mounts. To make up for the added height of the load cells, Jeep made the floor bracket slightly shorter. Well, that's all fine and good, but it keeps my box from fitting under there. The driver's side fit perfectly and sounds amazing. But I want to get the passenger one in there too.

I don't mind raising the passenger seat up a little. So if ANYONE who has installed these into a 2008 JKU can PM me the last 8 of their VIN I can order the right rails to install the sub.

Thanks for reading and let me know if you can help. Once I get the right rails and get them installed I will post up the pictures, part numbers, etc for anyone else that needs to make these modifications to make these work.

Thanks,
Rescu2000
Old 06-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

2010 2dr without the load cells up front- AL207997.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately it will have to be a 4 door model. Matt's sub box won't fit the 2 door. Thanks though!
Old 06-04-2016, 02:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescu2000
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately it will have to be a 4 door model. Matt's sub box won't fit the 2 door. Thanks though!
Hey Rescue, sorry you haven't found the right part number yet, did you check with any local salvage yards for a set of seat brackets? I have a 2013 JKU, the year they changed seats. My brackets are identical to 2011, 2012 JKU brackets when they had the older seats. It might be worth a try just getting your hands in any standard seat bracket from a JKU.

BTW, my Son told me that one of his friends at school had an older 2-door with the same seat brackets as a JKU, the inverted U-shaped bracket that does not slide and tilt. If this is the case, my subs would fit in those specific 2-doors. Trying to get the kid to stop by to test it out.

Matt
Old 06-04-2016, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

It's all good. I'll get it to fit in there one way or another. They sound amazing though! I also added the jku pods that mount on the rear roll bar and fire forward with two kicker 6.75" component sets. Really balances out the bass. Just one sub was overpowering the stock infinity system. I'll be replacing the factory speakers next as soon as I figure out what i want. Polk, the Boston acoustic factory upgrades, morels, etc.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

It's all good. I'll get it to fit in there one way or another. They sound amazing though! I also added the jku pods that mount on the rear roll bar and fire forward with two kicker 6.75" component sets. Really balances out the bass. Just one sub was overpowering the stock infinity system. I'll be replacing the factory speakers next as soon as I figure out what i want. Polk, the Boston acoustic factory upgrades, morels, etc.
Glad you like them. They really are meant for a full aftermarket system although some others have done like you did. Even the stock "premium" system is woefully underpowered when you add an real subwoofer to the system. Keep me updated on your quest for the brackets.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Finally got this mounted under the seat. Got a used set of rails for $65 shipped from a salvage yard. I got 2008 4-door jk brackets. Drilled out the front and rear mounting holes for the slide to 1/2" holes and mounted them directly to the load sensors. After drilling the holes out, everything lined up fine. The passenger seat is a little over an inch higher due to the load cells, but it isn't an issue for me.

just thought I would post back in case anyone else had this issue.

Thanks,
Rescu2000
Old 10-31-2016, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

Finally got this mounted under the seat. Got a used set of rails for $65 shipped from a salvage yard. I got 2008 4-door jk brackets. Drilled out the front and rear mounting holes for the slide to 1/2" holes and mounted them directly to the load sensors. After drilling the holes out, everything lined up fine. The passenger seat is a little over an inch higher due to the load cells, but it isn't an issue for me. just thought I would post back in case anyone else had this issue. Thanks, Rescu2000
That's great news. I'm glad you finally got them figured out!
Old 11-26-2016, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Sundown provides amazing customer service. In a world where everybody is looking for a way to avoid honoring warranty claims, Sundown sent me a completely new sub. A voice coil failed and there was even some damage to the basket where I had to cut a bolt off to remove it from the sub box. It would have been very easy for them to refuse to repair it, much less replace it. But within a couple days of them getting the sub, the sent me a new one with 2 day shipping. Great sounding sub and amazing customer service. I'm a customer for life now.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

Sundown provides amazing customer service. In a world where everybody is looking for a way to avoid honoring warranty claims, Sundown sent me a completely new sub. A voice coil failed and there was even some damage to the basket where I had to cut a bolt off to remove it from the sub box. It would have been very easy for them to refuse to repair it, much less replace it. But within a couple days of them getting the sub, the sent me a new one with 2 day shipping. Great sounding sub and amazing customer service. I'm a customer for life now.
I'm so glad to hear this. I've been recommending these subs for a couple years to mate with our Sub Enclosures. For the record I don't represent or sell Sundown directly. I've just tested a ton of different 10" shallow woofers and these were the best I found.

Quick Reply: Need help w/ underseat MattK Sub