Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need help with radio

Old 01-28-2012, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with radio

Have a 2008 jku with RES non infinity. When i got it it had a REN the dealerships put in the RES. Ok so now the problem if you open the door or wait for all the lights to go off and the display to turn off on the dash and hit the brakes the radio will make a noise like it is trying to eject a cd. After month or so the radio will smoke. And have to get a new one. Like to now if the noise is normal on other jeeps the same year or not. thanks!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:01 AM
JK Junkie

Any weird noise like that, especially smoke is far from normal.... get it checked out. I know that some people have stated that if they are playing a Cd and their heat is blasting the Cd will eject on its own
Old 01-28-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had 10 radios in it. The dealership had it for 4 weeks called me yesterday to get it that it was fixed got out of work at 1800 so by the time i got there the service department was gone for the day. Got in and was doing it so got the manager he has never see one do that before he told me to trade it in. I almost punched him in the face. I have never even used the cd player. One guy at at a different dealership said that that was normal for the radio to make that noise. I do not know anyone with a new jeep that the radio makes that noise with the brakes or the door
Old 01-28-2012, 04:27 AM
JK Junkie

Only other noise it MAY be (would need to hear the noise you are talking about) is the fan that kicks on for the CD player/radio. Sometimes I'll hear that too, I think its a cooling fan.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know the ren has a fan i do no think the res has one. I googled it and did not see the air vents on it like the ren but i do not know by the pics are s**t. Love my jeep and had two others a 79 and a 86 did not have as many problems must be a fri. jeep or just a pos chrysler
Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok got my jeep back. Chrysler engineering said it is normal to make that noise but the manager and the service adviser do not think so.
Any one with a 2008 RES non infinity have the cd player make a noise if they open the door or hit brakes with it off and no key in it. I just want to know because my radio has been replaced 10 times. Everytime it smokes and i dont know if it is related to it making the noies or not. Hate to have my jeep have a fire! Thanks

Quick Reply: Need help with radio