Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need Help!! KC light install with manual tranny

Old 12-02-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!! KC light install with manual tranny

My problem is Im trying to install my new KC slimlites but cant figure out a way to pass the firewall to get into the cabin. There have been solutions for automatic transmission passing through a small gap that is used by the manual transmission but my problem is I have a manual and dont have the luxury of the small hole. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea where to take the wires through.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2007, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Look above your front brake off to the left you can pass all your wire through there you just got to seal it when your done.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RUBICONCORPSMAN
Look above your front brake off to the left you can pass all your wire through there you just got to seal it when your done.
I believe you are refering to the hole that is used up my 6-transmission unit.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used the method described in this write-up:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...nd-model-1001z

You can actually do this on both sides - I have my auxillary fuse block wired through on one side and my fog lights wired through on the other.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdlott
I used the method described in this write-up:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...nd-model-1001z

You can actually do this on both sides - I have my auxillary fuse block wired through on one side and my fog lights wired through on the other.
Awesome....just got the wires through. Thanks a bunch. This is my first time doing anything remotely like this and I was starting to get pretty frustrated. On with the rest of the process. Hopefully I can post some pics later tonight so yal can see the finished product, nothing nobodys seen on here already though.

Quick Reply: Need Help!! KC light install with manual tranny