Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Nav System Road Repair Updates

Old 07-17-2007 | 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav System Road Repair Updates

There has been a lot of discussion here on map updates for the MyGig navigation system. I have noted that the maps shows current road repairs, which means that at least that portion of the mapping info must be updated somehow in real time. Does anyone know how this is done? Is that the only map info that is updated that way?
Old 07-17-2007 | 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

That would be the Traffic Message Channel (TMC). It's relatively young in the US I think. It's broadcast over the FM Freq.

http://www.tmcforum.com/en/about_tmc/tmc_faq/
Old 07-17-2007 | 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

I know that is there is ID number for traffic. I had to call and activate my sirius radio the other day and on the mygig screen it had the ESN number(the sirius radio ID for MY radio) and then there was a Sirius Traffic ID number. I asked the girl I was on the phone with what that was for and she said she had no clue. She told me call the dealership. I havent' yet but it seems like that traffic road work conditions only show up in major cities. I am about 3 hours east of Dallas. It shows for them but we have just as much road work going on here in Shreveport. I am going in for some warrnty work tommorrow so I will ask and keep yall posted
Andrew
Old 07-19-2007 | 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Ohh. Siriuss Traffic ID? Must be some feature that Siruis is beaming down. You can go to their site and check out the plans. Yeah, that's not free.

Quick Reply: Nav System Road Repair Updates