Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig won't turn on after heated seats install

Old 08-14-2010, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MyGig won't turn on after heated seats install

I have 2009 4dr Rubicon with the touch screen mygig and lockpick..
I installed the mopar front heated seats today and button everything up and everything but the radio works just like normal.

once I start the Jeep I hold the power button on the radio and Jeep comes up on the screen for a couple of seconds then the screen goes blank...

I can't get the Jeep logo to come up again unless the ignition is turned off and then on again...

Is this something that I can fix??? does the Jeep need to be flashed at the dealership to get the radio to work again???

Am I going to have a problem bringing the Jeep in with the Lockpick installed??

tried searching couldn't find anything...

thanks in advance
Mike
Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

tried to take the neg side of battery off for a while still the same...

all fuses checked and ok...

anyone???????
Old 08-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Ant
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try removing LockPick from the circuit and see if the radio will power up and work.

Just a thought to see if something happened to LockPick.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got back from fullerton dealership in bridgewater and the guys there were great. Got me right in and hooked it up to the computer. They tried everything and pulled out the ICP fuse (not sure if thats it or not...the large white fuse in the fuse box) as a last resort. He said it fakes the computer in the Jeep to think it is a new battery. Sure enough 10 mins later the radio was working as well as everything else. The guys there didn't know what went wrong and were about to order me a new radio under warranty no questions asked...

No charge and they didn't care about the lockpick

definitly a good dealership to go to in the jersey area...
Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just out of curiosity, did you unhook the battery to hook up the heated seats ? Are the heated seats independantly powered from the battery or through wiring in the dash. Just trying to figure how the seats effected the radio.
Good info on the large white fuse though.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

unhooked battery (at neg terminal) as per the jeep instructions...
it is powered through a "T" connector which plugs into the cig lighter and then replug the cig light into the "T" connector...

quadratec has the pdf install instructions for a better description....
Old 08-14-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by njbeachrat
unhooked battery (at neg terminal) as per the jeep instructions...
it is powered through a "T" connector which plugs into the cig lighter and then replug the cig light into the "T" connector...

quadratec has the pdf install instructions for a better description....
I had the same thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago (although for me I had disconnected the battery to replace it) since the battery was disco'd long enough to reset the computer (2-3mins). Not sure exactly what it was exactly that fixed the problem, but I can tell you exactly what I did. First I pulled the plug on the mygig(thankfully I have it mounted in the glove box on the rear wall so it is easily accessible) then I pulled the DMS fuse (which is the radio fuse) and the last thing I did was disco the neg battery terminal.

After waiting 3 mins for comp to reset I reconnected the battery cable, replaced the fuse then unocked and started the jeep (hoping the mygig would still power up with lockpick unplugged although I didnt think it would and was right) I waited 30 seconds for all the chimes and dummy lights to stop and plugged lockpick back in, everything powered up like normal smooth sailing since.

Just thought I'd let u know what worked for me incase u ever disco the battery again.

Quick Reply: MyGig won't turn on after heated seats install